BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a black and black 2008 535xi. Anyone recommend messing with the twin-turbo engine and upgrading some stock equipment? if so, like what?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Depends on how much your willing to risk your warranty, there are alot of tunes for $289.00 and up that will increase HP and Torque. Just go to link below and you will find a whole slew of information.
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/

·
Registered
88 Posts
JB3 or Juice Box stage 3 will give you another 100 hp.

600 or so dollars..

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I have the JB+ imo its the best bang for the buck, I cant give you any dyno #'s because I really don't care about #s. All I wanted was some more kick when I went WOT and I sure got it, the TT really come alive and the engine torque is amazing and I only have it at the default setting. PM me if you want more details.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i was leaning towards the JB+ and then if i feel like i need more then we'll see what else i should do. Haha naw i'm not gonna put nos in it. not going to take it to the tracks or street race don't think nos is the way to go with this car.

·
Registered
414 Posts
yea i was leaning towards the JB+ and then if i feel like i need more then we'll see what else i should do. Haha naw i'm not gonna put nos in it. not going to take it to the tracks or street race don't think nos is the way to go with this car.
He's joking, definitely don't do that. The JB chips are awesome, I suggest you give them a good hard look. JB3 will give you more power, but JB+ is newer (I believe) and adjustable, which might be just what the doctor ordered.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea Dinan does keep the warranty but i really don't want to spend 2g's on a whole tune up yet. it's on th list of what i am looking into

·
Cockney Curmudgeon
1,335 Posts
If you get any kind of tune, make sure that you have the availability of an independant shop that can clear your codes. or, you can buy the Bavarian Technic tool for about $289.

If your HPFP fails, which it seems about 30% of N54 cars are succeptible to (50 out of 185 on E90Post), you had better remove that tune and clear your codes before taking it in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts