BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How to get floormats?

1304 8
I have 3 questions about floormats :)
1. When you pick-up your car in Munich, do you get any floormats with the car or you drive without?
2. Is it possible to get those "carpet-like" floormats as opposed to rubber all-weather? How much do they cost? I couldn't see them in the accessory list on bmwusa.com .
3. If you don't get any floormats in Munich but they are available from your dealer, are you supposed to buy them in advance and bring with you? :confused:
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Do a search for "floor" or "mats" in the ED Forum. You'll find your answer there.

But to save you time, you get very good quality carpet floor mats with the car as standard when you do an ED. They are in the car, and you don't have to specify them or buy them as an option.

They are better than the carpet mats you would purchase as an accessory, because the ED mats are rubber backed where the accessory ones are foam backed. The ED ones have no BMW lettering - they are just plain carpet. The accessory ones have BMW written on them and have a reinforced heel patch.
It brings the standard floor mats but I took my own plastic ones($5 Walmart) as there would be 5 of us in the car and with the rain and possible snow I did not want the original ones to get messed up. I left those plastic ones in the car and did not care if they got taken out.
They give you carpeted, rubber backed floor mats. Also, they are insured, so you can send them back with the car @ drop-off.
Greg220 said:
I have 3 questions about floormats :)
1. When you pick-up your car in Munich, do you get any floormats with the car or you drive without?
2. Is it possible to get those "carpet-like" floormats as opposed to rubber all-weather? How much do they cost? I couldn't see them in the accessory list on bmwusa.com .
3. If you don't get any floormats in Munich but they are available from your dealer, are you supposed to buy them in advance and bring with you? :confused:
My E60 came with one set of floor mats when I picked it up in Munich. I left them in the car at drop off. Upon redelivery they were still in place and an additional identical set was in the trunk. :dunno:
Sorry to say but the floor mats that BMW gives you are the cheapest thing on the car.I would rather have the accessory ones with BMW on them that they gave you anyway,thats all you had to do is ask for them.IMO
cheers
vern
xspeedy said:
Do a search for "floor" or "mats" in the ED Forum. You'll find your answer there.

But to save you time, you get very good quality carpet floor mats with the car as standard when you do an ED. They are in the car, and you don't have to specify them or buy them as an option.

They are better than the carpet mats you would purchase as an accessory, because the ED mats are rubber backed where the accessory ones are foam backed. The ED ones have no BMW lettering - they are just plain carpet. The accessory ones have BMW written on them and have a reinforced heel patch.
You would rather have foam backed than rubber backed? I don't care about logos so I'd rather have the rubber backed ones. I saw the accessory ones (foam backing with logo), and they aren't worth even half what BMW wants for them.
vern said:
Sorry to say but the floor mats that BMW gives you are the cheapest thing on the car.I would rather have the accessory ones with BMW on them that they gave you anyway,thats all you had to do is ask for them.IMO
cheers
vern
I had the foam backed ones in my 330ci for 4 years and they didn't show any real signs of wear.The kind with rubber backing seam very thin, to me and they won't last.In all my other BMW's I always had the foam back ones and I never paid for them,I just asked for them and they gave them to me free of charge. So money was not a issue.
vern
xspeedy said:
You would rather have foam backed than rubber backed? I don't care about logos so I'd rather have the rubber backed ones. I saw the accessory ones (foam backing with logo), and they aren't worth even half what BMW wants for them.
Could someone tell me which mats are better?

'Cause I went into my dealership thinking that they were footing the bill for floor mats (like they did in 2000). If I keep the Euro-Delivery mats, then my deal hasn't been followed through accurately since he no longer has to supply any. Shouldn't I be reimbursed by the dealer for the mats in my sales price, or at the very least get a free set of All-Weather mats?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.