BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay this may be a dumb topic, but one of the joys of my 06 325i was that new car/leathery smell (even though i have leatherette), that lasted for up to 4 months. After smoking a couple cigars while on some road trips, the smell of 'new car' is gone and replaced not by a smoker's car smell, but this weird improbable scent comparable to a hamster cage. Now I know im setting my self for some smartass comments, but seriously, I clean the inside of my car at least once a week, trying to get all parts of the upholstry. I tried using the new car scent pine tree but it's not the same. Does anyone have any recommendations? (ps I shower every day:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not sure there's much to do now that you've smoked in the car.
You could get the interior steam cleaned, but, not sure the "new car smell" will come back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
hitters9999 said:
Okay this may be a dumb topic, but one of the joys of my 06 325i was that new car/leathery smell (even though i have leatherette), that lasted for up to 4 months. After smoking a couple cigars while on some road trips, the smell of 'new car' is gone and replaced not by a smoker's car smell, but this weird improbable scent comparable to a hamster cage. Now I know im setting my self for some smartass comments, but seriously, I clean the inside of my car at least once a week, trying to get all parts of the upholstry. I tried using the new car scent pine tree but it's not the same. Does anyone have any recommendations? (ps I shower every day:)
Buy an e92?:dunno:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
46 Posts
The best way to remove cigarette/cigar smell from a car's interior is with one of those refrigerator Arm & Hammer baking soda boxes. Simply tear off the sides of the box and let the car sit in the sun for a couple days. Although you won't get the new car smell back, you'll remove any smoke smell.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
I notice that when I have not beed driving my car for a few days I notice the new car smell is stronger then when I use it everyday....try not using your car for a few days...sometimes your car still has the new car smell BUT you dont notice it because you are used to it....

·
Protect your (lug) nuts
4,571 Posts
Stop farting in the car. :thumbup:

·
detour in Ingolstadt
3,180 Posts
I pooped in my car and now it smells like a diaper.

Just kidding. In Germany my friend made the mistake of opening a Milka or some stupid european candy bar and I congratulated him on being the first--and last--person to eat in my car. It still smells new.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dude, Milka rules, you don't know what you are missing :)

westwest888 said:
I pooped in my car and now it smells like a diaper.

Just kidding. In Germany my friend made the mistake of opening a Milka or some stupid european candy bar and I congratulated him on being the first--and last--person to eat in my car. It still smells new.

·
Registered
29 Posts
new car smell

hitters9999 said:
Here is my advice to you:

Take your whole family into the car, roll up all windows and start to FART and stay inside for half hour. I guarantee you it will not smell like a hamster cage anymore.

·
///M for Motor Sports!
2,946 Posts
Easy

Never open the door.:rofl:

Seriously though, you need to buy the BMW Leather additive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts