BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search here, the net and the manual.

I can't figure out how to lock the seats. There is a lock for the lift gate in the glove box. If I lock that button and then lock the glove box, you can't open the trunk with the fob from outside or the footwell button, but what prevents someone from folding the rear seats down from the inside of the car to get into the trunk? I can't find a way to lock the seat backs. I know BMW must have a way to do this, but I can't find it. :dunno:

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered User since 07
310 Posts
I've done a search here, the net and the manual.

I can't figure out how to lock the seats. There is a lock for the lift gate in the glove box. If I lock that button and then lock the glove box, you can't open the trunk with the fob from outside or the footwell button, but what prevents someone from folding the rear seats down from the inside of the car to get into the trunk? I can't find a way to lock the seat backs. I know BMW must have a way to do this, but I can't find it. :dunno:

Thanks for the help.
I am not sure on the gc, but on my 435 cpe once you lock the trunk you can't get to the release for the rear seats which is located in the trunk

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,075 Posts
I am not sure on the gc, but on my 435 cpe once you lock the trunk you can't get to the release for the rear seats which is located in the trunk
There was just a thread on this on bimmerpost. You can't lock the seats. But, if you put items in the well under the trunk floor, and then flip the switch in the glove box, and lock the glove box, I think it would be pretty hard for someone to climb in the hatch thru the rear seats and get to that compartment.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
There was just a thread on this on bimmerpost. You can't lock the seats. But, if you put items in the well under the trunk floor, and then flip the switch in the glove box, and lock the glove box, I think it would be pretty hard for someone to climb in the hatch thru the rear seats and get to that compartment.
+1 Not likely to be able to do this without drawing a lot of attention.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the response. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something somewhere. I try not to keep anything of value in there when I have to valet, but sometimes you just never know.

What a design flaw on BMW's part. :yikes: They should have put the seat release in the trunk on the GC and found a way to lock the middle section to the outer sections so that all would be secure.

Oh well, perhaps in the future models they will have this fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts