BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'm Jason from Singapore.
I just made the downpayment for the latest 528i. This mother****er costs 260000 SGD in Singapore.

Ok, I've been doing some research online to make the 528i look smarter and sportier but I haven't got any clue still.

I love the look of this:

But what are the steps taken for my 528i to look something like this?

From what I know,
1: need to change spring in order to low it for 1 inch in the front and 0.6 inch for the back.

2: change the rims and tyres. But to what sizes?

3: wrap the car in satin pearl white

4: change front lip and rear diffuser?

I'm not sure though, I need some opinions on that. I don't want my 528i to look as mundane as it looks now, I wanna make it sportier and more of a head turner.

Guys, please help!
Jason_a2_

·
Registered
763 Posts
next page over #2, 1st poster.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=866218

20" wheels.

2014 LCI 528 | Callisto Gray Metallic| Black Dakota Leather | Ash Wood Trim | Heated front seats l Drivers Assist | Adaptive LED | Premium | HUD l Delivered open carrier 1800+ miles l Gianelle Cuba 10 ball cut 20***8221; staggered l Yokohama Advan Sport A/S 275 35-20 & 255 35-20 l Huper Optic Drei l Xpel Xtreme paint protection film @ full front, mirrors, trunk step | Weathertech trunk liner l Weathertech All Weather floor mats ***8211; winter use l Gloss black 528 emblem l Thule Aero blade 47***8221;, Thule Podium, Thule 528 sprint road bike carrier(s) l Yakama Sky Box 18 Carbonite l Autosock 695 l USB thumb drive high res music files l 90 degree USB to 90 degree micro USB cable l Mothers California Gold l Meguiars Last Touch l Armor All Extreme Tire Shine l Duragloss 902 car wash an 99.8% hand washed l Hardwire dongle @ trunk battery for Pulsetech Xtreme charger.

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm Jason from Singapore.
I just made the downpayment for the latest 528i. This mother****er costs 260000 SGD in Singapore.

Ok, I've been doing some research online to make the 528i look smarter and sportier but I haven't got any clue still.

I love the look of this:

But what are the steps taken for my 528i to look something like this?

From what I know,
1: need to change spring in order to low it for 1 inch in the front and 0.6 inch for the back.

2: change the rims and tyres. But to what sizes?

3: wrap the car in satin pearl white

4: change front lip and rear diffuser?

I'm not sure though, I need some opinions on that. I don't want my 528i to look as mundane as it looks now, I wanna make it sportier and more of a head turner.

Guys, please help!
Jason_a2_
I'm sure others will give you more info but I can give you what little I know.
1. Lower the car by H&R, Eibach, Megan, etc. Do your research on which brand you want. They'll sit differently.
2. Those are Vorsteiner VFF-102 wheels, staggered, probably in a 20". Not sure about width though. In the U.S., they retail for $2400/wheels alone so they're not cheap.
3. Vinyl wrap is personal preference.
4. Depends if your car is a M-sport. If it is, you'll need the Vorsteiner carbon front lip and diffuser. If your car is not a M-sport, you'll have to change out the front+rear bumper covers also.
Another thing is if your 528 is like the U.S. version, you'll have dual tips on the drivers side only. You'll need to customize a quad tip by adding a fake dual on the other side. Hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Your car cost $187,000.00 in US dollars?

What's your minimum wage over there - 153 dollars an hour?

·
Registered
493 Posts

Lol. Yeah crazy to think that cars are cheaper here than anywhere else in the world. My friend in Japan can't believe I paid $50k for a MB Ml350. He said they're over $100k there. He paid $90k for his Toureg. In most southeast Asian countries cars costs over double so your f10 is well over $100k. Luxury cars are rarely seen. Average income=$300-$400/month. Most save a year just to buy a motorbike.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure others will give you more info but I can give you what little I know.
1. Lower the car by H&R, Eibach, Megan, etc. Do your research on which brand you want. They'll sit differently.
2. Those are Vorsteiner VFF-102 wheels, staggered, probably in a 20". Not sure about width though. In the U.S., they retail for $2400/wheels alone so they're not cheap.
3. Vinyl wrap is personal preference.
4. Depends if your car is a M-sport. If it is, you'll need the Vorsteiner carbon front lip and diffuser. If your car is not a M-sport, you'll have to change out the front+rear bumper covers also.
Another thing is if your 528 is like the U.S. version, you'll have dual tips on the drivers side only. You'll need to customize a quad tip by adding a fake dual on the other side. Hope that helps a bit.
Hey man,
Thanks a ton for your detailed explanation !

1: So I just need to change the spring? Not the coil over or the shock? (I actually don't know anything about coilover and shock)

2: Thanks for telling me about 'staggered' wheels. I've seen a few cars here that has wider rear wheels than the front. I love it. Can I change to any width or is there a maximum rear wheel width? Can I change to a wider front wheel as well?

4: Thanks! I guess i will have to change the front & rear bumper? I want to do it myself. Is it very difficult to do so?

Thank you very much for your help!
Jason

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yes car prices in Singapore, and actually everything here is insanely expensive.

However, the minimum wage is pathetic at the same time. There are many people who merely make S$ 1000 every month. It's crazy.

So in order to get a car, especially a car with some standard, one has to work his ass off.

My 528i is slightly more than 260,000 SGD, about 185,000 USD. For that kind of money I could easily get 1 or 2 bentleys in the U.S?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol. Yeah crazy to think that cars are cheaper here than anywhere else in the world. My friend in Japan can't believe I paid $50k for a MB Ml350. He said they're over $100k there. He paid $90k for his Toureg. In most southeast Asian countries cars costs over double so your f10 is well over $100k. Luxury cars are rarely seen. Average income=$300-$400/month. Most save a year just to buy a motorbike.
It's true to other Southeast Asia countries, but in Singapore you'll still see luxury cars everywhere. A LOT of rich people here. They are filthy rich. Lamborghini Aventador is sold at 1.88 Million SGD here and you'll still get to see a lot of them on the road.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hey man,
Thanks a ton for your detailed explanation !

1: So I just need to change the spring? Not the coil over or the shock? (I actually don't know anything about coilover and shock)

2: Thanks for telling me about 'staggered' wheels. I've seen a few cars here that has wider rear wheels than the front. I love it. Can I change to any width or is there a maximum rear wheel width? Can I change to a wider front wheel as well?

4: Thanks! I guess i will have to change the front & rear bumper? I want to do it myself. Is it very difficult to do so?

Thank you very much for your help!
Jason
Hey Jason,
1. If you want to save money, you can just change out the springs. Most forum members seem to be using H&R but there are other pricier options if you're willing to spend more. As far as coil overs, all I know is it'll give you a better ride because it's the complete shock+spring setup made for the specific purpose of a quality ride that is lower than stock. It'll also costs you over 5x as much as just the springs alone. Maybe someone else with personal coil over experience can chime in. I've always had Eibachs and Racing Dynamics (are they still around?) on my past BMW's.
2. You definitely want to go staggered. You can normally run 20x8.5 to 10" front and 20x10 to 11 rears. Wide wheels will give a deeper concave but also wider wheels have a chance of rubbing so the size will depend greatly on the wheel's offset. There's tons of forum threads on offsets. Just make sure your tires have a 35 front + 30 rear aspect ratio for 20"s to keep the same wheel+tire OD.
4. Many people swap out their own bumpers so it's possible. I've never done it myself so I don't know but I think I saw a youtube video with it. The only issue that I can see is if you buy non OEM, you may have some fitment issues that a body shop can fix easier than you can at home. It's probably worth it just to have a shop paint and install it.
Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Jason,

1. If you want to save money, you can just change out the springs. Most forum members seem to be using H&R but there are other pricier options if you're willing to spend more. As far as coil overs, all I know is it'll give you a better ride because it's the complete shock+spring setup made for the specific purpose of a quality ride that is lower than stock. It'll also costs you over 5x as much as just the springs alone. Maybe someone else with personal coil over experience can chime in. I've always had Eibachs and Racing Dynamics (are they still around?) on my past BMW's.

2. You definitely want to go staggered. You can normally run 20x8.5 to 10" front and 20x10 to 11 rears. Wide wheels will give a deeper concave but also wider wheels have a chance of rubbing so the size will depend greatly on the wheel's offset. There's tons of forum threads on offsets. Just make sure your tires have a 35 front + 30 rear aspect ratio for 20"s to keep the same wheel+tire OD.

4. Many people swap out their own bumpers so it's possible. I've never done it myself so I don't know but I think I saw a youtube video with it. The only issue that I can see is if you buy non OEM, you may have some fitment issues that a body shop can fix easier than you can at home. It's probably worth it just to have a shop paint and install it.

Good luck.
Thank you very much!
You've been my biggest help here.

I've contacted a worship here about the exhaust system. They quoted 2300 SGD for a Remus exhaust. Are these over priced?

I think I'm gonna get the 20" rims. Very difficult to get Vorsteiner and Vossen rims in Singapore, so I think the next best alternative is Breyton.

I'll share my car pics after I got it.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Thank you very much!
You've been my biggest help here.

I've contacted a worship here about the exhaust system. They quoted 2300 SGD for a Remus exhaust. Are these over priced?

I think I'm gonna get the 20" rims. Very difficult to get Vorsteiner and Vossen rims in Singapore, so I think the next best alternative is Breyton.

I'll share my car pics after I got it.

Thanks again!
Glad to help. Exhaust systems will cost for sure especially Remus. There are cheaper alternatives. Look at niche Essens, vertini, Varro, mrr, etc. for the same look without the price of forged wheels. i had ACS forged on my car and honestly can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad to help. Exhaust systems will cost for sure especially Remus. There are cheaper alternatives. Look at niche Essens, vertini, Varro, mrr, etc. for the same look without the price of forged wheels. i had ACS forged on my car and honestly can't tell the difference.
Thanks man!

I've done some research on rear dual exhaust but I'd just like to confirm with you, that if I was to install the Remus exhaust, it'll come with a template to cut off another opening to fit the dual exhaust?

What would they use to cut? How would they protect the cut edge after cutting?

I don't get it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Thanks man!

I've done some research on rear dual exhaust but I'd just like to confirm with you, that if I was to install the Remus exhaust, it'll come with a template to cut off another opening to fit the dual exhaust?

What would they use to cut? How would they protect the cut edge after cutting?

I don't get it.
Hi,
First off, you'll need an exhaust system made specifically for a 528 (not 535, 550, M5). Since the 528 uses 1 muffler, you'll only have a dual tip on the left side. You cannot use 535, 550 exhaust with a 528. What people have done is have a muffler shop attach a 'fake' dual tip + 'fake' muffler on the right side also. This will give you quad tips (4 tips, 2 on each side). The right side tips will serve no purpose other than for looks. You can go with a Remus or any aftermarket muffler for the left side (working side) and buy 4 aftermarket tips. A muffler shop can help you with all the attachments and welding of the fake side. Eisenmann sells a complete setup with a working left side and a fake right side and all you need to do is have it mounted but it's expensive.

http://www.modbargains.com/Eisenmann-F10-528i-Exhaust-System-BMW.htm

Also, I wouldn't cut your existing diffuser. You can just buy an aftermarket carbon or plastic one to fit your quad tips once it's done. Here's some info on people with non M-sport setup using quad tips:
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1169328

Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
306 Posts

Income tax is really low in Singapore too. I think like 20% at the highest
Reason the prices are so high is because of tariffs and fees
Apparently the cost comes from car+COE (Certficate of entitlement-allows you to own the car for 10 years)+registration fee (100% of car price)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.