BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you recalibrate the valvotronic motors on an 04 e60 v8? I had a valve cover leak and decided to change it myself self and now my car won't start. Why kind of computer do i need?

·
Registered
1999 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.5
888 Posts
they should calibrate themselves. open ignition and wait a few minutes. you should hear them run.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Actually turning the ignition on with out starting the engine only reinitializes them , and should do the trick . You can hear a high pitch whine when it's re initialing ... To recalibrate you need diagnostic software to calibrate . You shouldnt need to recalibrate for removal of valve covers . Unless you had an existing issue before .

·
Registered
1999 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.5
888 Posts
I'm thinking something else is the issue. any codes when you have inpa connected?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it need calibrated because it was starting fine and now it won start. And i just saw the pelicanpart diy and it has a recalibration step.

·
Registered
1999 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.5
888 Posts
2863 and 2861
2861 VVT-Controll (bank2)
2863 VVT-Power supply (bank2)

seams like your right. its something to do with your valvetronic.

Make sure the connectors are on the eccentric sensor tightly. also make sure its connected to the valvetronic motors correctly. make sure the male connectors dont have a bent pin and make sure all the pins inside the female connectors haven't moved.

try disconnecting the motors and turning on then plugging again.

and well really you should find out how to actuate the motors and reinitialize them on INPA.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tried reinserting the vvt motors without screwing them in at all and it started right up. I also did a reset on all the values on inpa.

·
Registered
1999 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.5
888 Posts
Problem solved??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts