Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2014 BMW 740i (F01) non-m sport. I'd like to remove the 130 mph speed limiter because I always visit my local racetrack. I'm not interested in additional horsepower, however. How do I remove this pesky limiter? Is it possible to DIY?

·
Registered
2013 535xi
4,176 Posts
If I am not mistaken you would need a custom flash on the DME, even then then it just raises it.
If you find the right tuning house they might be able to remove it completely.
A 740i on the track? To each his own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I am not mistaken you would need a custom flash on the DME, even then then it just raises it.
Thank you for your answer.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts

Hey, even a 7 series does well at the track! It’s not as nimble as a 2 series or as fast as an “M” car, but I bet it’ll be fun.

OP, as noted, the top speed limiter is a function of the engine computer (DME). It needs to be reflashed.

·
Premium Member
Current: 2009 E63 650i Coupe, 2009 E92 M3 Past: 2012 F10 535i, 2009 E93 335i vert, 2007 Roush 427r
71 Posts
A DIY flasher like MHD gives you the option of completely removing your top speed limit (VMAX) without even loading any tune maps which cost extra.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts