Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The following attachment is a document authored by Shipkiller. I used and saved it long ago before the Shipkiller website going down. It is one of the best write-ups I have seen to date on how to remove the convertible top from a Z4 and replace its Hydraulic motor with a new one. It also includes a list of parts and part numbers along with approximate costs. I thought I owe it to everybody especially to Shipkiller himself to share it with the community and help to preserve the meticulous and comprehensive effort he used in putting it together. I hope it proves to be as helpful as it has been for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hats off to both Shipkiller and DC, both excellent diy tutorials on the subject. There are a few other good ones out there too, and some helpful Youtube vids. I would advise anyone attempting this to research all you can on the subject before diving in, not a terribly hard job but can be frustrating at certain points.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hats off to both Shipkiller and DC, both excellent diy tutorials on the subject. There are a few other good ones out there too, and some helpful Youtube vids. I would advise anyone attempting this to research all you can on the subject before diving in, not a terribly hard job but can be frustrating at certain points.
yep they are the 2 that know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts