BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

A friend of mine managed to pull off the cover of child seat latch in the back seat of my one week old X1, and push it in the latch compartment :(

Here is the latch with its cover:

and here is the missing latch cover that went inside the latch compartment (inside the hole that you see in the picture):

I tried to get the cover out of the latch compartments, but it went further inside, and I can't even touch it now. There's no way to access the latch compartment from the cargo area. I guess to get it out I have to remove the bottom part of the back seat. Do you guys happen to know how to do that?

Or you think it's too difficult and better to get a new latch cover from BMW dealership?

Thanks in advance.

Sepi

·
TJ
71 Posts
if it is anything like the 1 series or 3 series you should be able to just pull up the seat bottom, the wire frame that makes up the seat just seats into some clips mounted to the floor of the car, try gently pulling up from the front, you should be able to get your fingers in there.

TJ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if it is anything like the 1 series or 3 series you should be able to just pull up the seat bottom, the wire frame that makes up the seat just seats into some clips mounted to the floor of the car, try gently pulling up from the front, you should be able to get your fingers in there.

TJ
Perfect. Thanks. It worked. I just needed to pull up the seats from right and left sides, and then I found the cover underneath. For anyone else in the future, follow the same procedure as in this video:

Cheers,

Sepi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.