Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 525i and I changed the microfilter but the lamp needs to be reset.

I've watched about 3-4 videos and every single one of them is wrong. Here is what I've done:

1. Reset the trip odometer
2. Turn engine off
3. Hit the trip odometer button until the triangle with exclamation point shows up

Once I get to 3 it stops. If I let go of the button, I just get my calendar and date. If I keep holding the button in, it goes back to the date/time automatically.

Once I did all of this with the engine running and I got a bunch of menus with really small text that I didn't understand (and I may have reset some of those).

Anyone know how this works in a 2006 525i?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Key in 3rd position- engine not running.
Press odometer pin until new symbols show up.
Jump between the different service actions by pressing pin shortly.
Once you find the right item to reset you press the pin until a question about resetting it appears.
To reset press continuesly until it does.
The exit by turning key back to position 2.
You should be ok by now.
Hope this helps otherwise look on YouTube.

·
2008 535xi wagon
2,941 Posts
I still have trouble doing that stuff through the dash. It's easier to buy a scan tool like bavarian technic or carly and reset it that way.
Plus, now you can see what's acting up when you have problems.

·
Registered
432 Posts
No, the little script is a secret menu that can tell a bunch of info like the coolant temp. Can’t do any damage there.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
432 Posts
For coolant temp you need the steering wheel secret menu. I must admit I saw it once but never seen a complete list of the things you can do. But as I recall it you can reset things that could get you into trouble.
Does anyone have a complete list or a link to a place that does?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts