BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi after leaving my lights on... my battery dye... Once running I can't get to reset the time and the weather light on my dashboard looks like this (--- ---) and its blinking any idea how to get it to work

Thank You

· MT = Doppler Shifting
1,022 Posts
By weather light, I presume you mean the temperature display...?

The first thing I'd try is to set the clock. To do so, consult you Owner's Manual; my 2007 manual gives the procedure on p. 46, but check your manual's index for the correct page in yours.

In short, you use the two buttons on the instrument cluster; the one on the left (referred to in the manual as "button 1") is marked "S/R" and the other (immediate to the right, referred to in the manual as "button 2") has a hieroglyph on it depicting some kind of gauge (possibly even a clock).

Here are the instructions from my Owner's Manual:

1. Hold button 2 for a few seconds until the hours are displayed and the colon flashes.
  2. Press button 1 repeatedly until the desired hour is set.
  3. Press button 2 to change to the minutes display.
  4. Press button 1 repeatedly until the desired minutes are set.
  5. Press button 2 to confirm the time.
This should clear up the dashes on the clock display. Not sure what to tell you about the 'weather light' though; perhaps someone else has an answer there...?

· MT = Doppler Shifting
1,022 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
You know I already try to do it but for some reason at the end when I press download , it gives me a warning of harming my computer and the option to continue, I have no idea why
it's because if you download anything, anywhere... there's a chance it can come with malware if you don't know the source. In this case we know its from bmw's website so the chances of it coming with malware are very low

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.