Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Hamann HM2's are about 8 months old now and are starting to show their age a bit.... The lips are no longer as shiney as they once were and neither are the spokes. Also,there are some brake dust stains and some pieces of pavement stuck on them or black speck stains (tar I guess?).

I regularly wash these every other week or so and have been using p21s gel to keep them lean. The p21s works well to get the bulk of the stuff off, but i guess this stuff has just built up.

How can I restore the shine these things had when I got them? Any products or techniques recommended?

·
Registered
480 Posts
For the outside lip, use Eagle One wadding polish clothes. Then finish with a coat of wax. On the inside spokes, use 3M Imperial Hand glaze to restore shine and clean stains. Then follow it up with wax. For the tar stains, the IHG will work really well too. I have had my rims for over a year and they still look new.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ben Chou said:
For the outside lip, use Eagle One wadding polish clothes. Then finish with a coat of wax. On the inside spokes, use 3M Imperial Hand glaze to restore shine and clean stains. Then follow it up with wax. For the tar stains, the IHG will work really well too. I have had my rims for over a year and they still look new.
thanks!!

any wax do? I use p21s for the car, should I use something else (longer lasting?) for the wheels?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I personally use a polymer based wax since I want the most durability. Meguiars Gold Class is what I use. Great shine qualities in a polymer wax and it is durable too.

I use Zymol on the paint though, since polymer and German paint chemistry don't chemically mix well and you tend to get cloudiness and haziness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts