BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

I need some quick advice on how to stream music from my iPhone 5s to the Idrive. I have a BMW 335i 2008 M Sport with Connect Drive.

The iPhone connects via bluetooth for voice calls, however it doesn't allow any music to stream, and doesn't even recognise there is any external audio input. I've also tried the USB thunderbolt connection but it still doesn't recognise there is an external audio source. But it works fine with a USB stick via the USB port.

1) Please can someone advise how best to get my music streaming through Idrive.

2) How do i get all the Connect Drive features to work? (Apps, remote locking, internet browsing etc)

Really appreciate anyones help as this is extremely frustrating!

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Black Berry Iphone

I had the same issue with my 09, cheap and great fix.
Black berry has a Bluetooth box that will Pair with your iPhone and also with your BMW at the same time (good job Iphone) So if you want to stream music and still have the functionality of hands free phone this is the way to go. The only small draw back is yo cant change songs on the steering wheel. But for 38 bucks perfect solution. I really was amazed how well this works. pugs into the Aux jack in the armrest and pulls power from either you DC outlet of USB port also in the armrest. The whole unit is about half the size of a Iphone, and the wires make up the bulk of the unit.

Its called the BlackBerry ACC-41596-001 Music Gateway

Hope that helps, it sure helped me.

:rofl::rofl:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.