6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Step:

1) Owners circle

2) Your Client Adviser

3) 1-800-831-1117 for automated response system

4) To find ship departures:

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/countryList.do

Choose Germany and USA, Bremerhaven and your port of entry (NY,NY for East coasters, Port Hueneme, CA for West coasters)

5) To find what ship your E90 is on:

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/searchCargo.do?trackType=Auto

Enter your VIN for cargo ID. If your VIN isn't found it's not on a ship yet.

6) For the marginal OCD types, you can track your ships movements on various web based ships tracking sites. Google.

If you find yourself calling your client adviser or the automated response line daily, talking to a live person on the automated voice line, or BMWNA is considering taking a restraining order out on you, you are an OCD type and the above steps do not apply. :rofl: Please take some Prozac. ;)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rumratt said:
I was thinking of a different meaning of "track".
Thanks, fixed it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
ObD said:
Step:

1) Owners circle

2) Your Client Adviser

Choose Germany and USA, Bremerhaven and your port of entry (NY,NY for East coasters, Port Hueneme, CA for West coasters)

6) For the marginal OCD types, you can track your ships movements on various web based ships tracking sites. Google.

If you find yourself calling your client adviser or the automated response line daily, talking to a live person on the automated voice line, or BMWNA is considering taking a restraining order out on you. Your are an OCD type and the above steps do not apply. :rofl: Please take some Prozac. ;)
Wow. Thanks. Totally helpful.

I wonder if anyone, who know's their car's on the boat, has been able to get their VIN recognized as the ID. My car's on the ship that left on March 17 (according to the 800 #), but the VIN isn't recognized.

Anyway, its really great knowing the arrival date of the ship.

Thanks, ObD!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ebikinis said:

I wonder if anyone, who know's their car's on the boat, has been able to get their VIN recognized as the ID. My car's on the ship that left on March 17 (according to the 800 #), but the VIN isn't recognized.

Thanks, ObD!
I typed the VIN of my current E46 and the info came up from 3 years ago. Don't know how often they update the site. If your an OCD type you can call the shipping co. direct. ;)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fiesta said:
HOW CAN YOU check european delivery? such as germany? I mean production status etc...
Steps 1, 2, or 3. :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
What's OCD? :eeps:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

LWL said:
What's OCD? :eeps:
I'm developing quite a case of OCD as I impatiently wait for my E90 to arrive! Now only if I can find the website to track the actual location of the ship on a world map! (I know it will get here quicker if I watch it!)

·
Registered
71 Posts
ObD said:
Step:

1) Owners circle

2) Your Client Adviser

If you find yourself calling your client adviser or the automated response line daily, talking to a live person on the automated voice line, or BMWNA is considering taking a restraining order out on you, you are an OCD type and the above steps do not apply. :rofl: Please take some Prozac. ;)
Zoloft works equally as well...(also sitting on the dock, but not for long); the ships sails Tomorrow!

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
Has anyone tried that website using Firefox? It only ever works for me using IE.

Anyway, it looks like my car could be leaving on the 29th aboard the Reolve and arriving in NY ~4/9. As of today it's status is at port waiting to be loaded on a ship.

Dean

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Nice write up :thumbup: Are we skipping silver this time :rolleyes: :p ;)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dr. Phil said:
Nice write up :thumbup: Are we skipping silver this time :rolleyes: :p ;)
Nope. :yawn: Silver/Black Cow

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Step 5 worked for me ... on the water. :bigpimp:

·
only one screen name
8,456 Posts
ebikinis said:

Thanks, ObD!
recently had the same problem. Apparently they sometimes use another company, and I was never able to follow the car.....very unhappy.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine went to "In Transit" sometime over the weekend, but the website shows no ships went out since the 15th (to Port Hueneme), but one to New York in that same period...

My dealer keeps promising the car will be here May 6, but the only boat leaving for Port Heneme since mine finished production appears to arrive on May 13...

Since the VIN is not tracking, what gives?

·
Registered
128 Posts
ebikinis said:

Thanks, ObD!
I am in the same situation. My car's is loaded on some ship on March 13th and the site does not recognized the VIN, I was told the dealer should able to tell.

Thanks

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
bmwaustin said:
I am in the same situation. My car's is loaded on some ship on March 13th and the site does not recognized the VIN, I was told the dealer should able to tell.

Thanks
If it's loaded on a ship, you dealer can look up all the details. My car left March 29, and my dealer gave me a printout of the ship info the next day.

·
Le fabuleux destin
568 Posts
How long does it take for a car to go from production to getting on a boat? Mine has been waiting for 10 days now at least. The phone number says it's still waiting.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts