BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
bavarian19 said:
Is there a way that I can get more information than what is available on the OC site? It keeps telling me that mine is scheduled for production and has been for a week and a half...

I want a streaming webcast of my car being built.... Is that too much to ask? :eeps: :rofl: :p
Your dealer always has the most detailed, accurate, and uptodate info. Always check that in preference to the OC website or the 800 number.

·
stop staring at me swan
3,206 Posts
Where are E90 325i's built? It says my car is being transported to the port of exit, but my OCD makes me want to know where it is traveling from.... :D

·
Old Birty Dastard
62 Posts
I just got my production number this afternoon (woo-hoo!!!). I signed on to the owners circle, and the car that they identified is the right model, but wrong color. Is it possible that my specific config got entered correctly at the dealer (he read it back to me about 3 times) but hasn't made it to the database for the OC yet? I also tried calling the number, but got a vague "we have your order, but no production date yet".

Do I just need to chill for a couple of days, or should I be on the horn to my dealer?

-A

[550i, Jet Black, 6-sp manual, sport pkg, premium sound, HUD, NAV, Sat, Comfort Seats]

·
stop staring at me swan
3,206 Posts
Kypho-car said:
I just got my production number this afternoon (woo-hoo!!!). I signed on to the owners circle, and the car that they identified is the right model, but wrong color. Is it possible that my specific config got entered correctly at the dealer (he read it back to me about 3 times) but hasn't made it to the database for the OC yet? I also tried calling the number, but got a vague "we have your order, but no production date yet".

Do I just need to chill for a couple of days, or should I be on the horn to my dealer?

-A

[550i, Jet Black, 6-sp manual, sport pkg, premium sound, HUD, NAV, Sat, Comfort Seats]
My OC said that I had a 325i in Monaco Blue with no options listed, when infact my car has most of the options that a 325 can come with... I dont take that website as the truth... If it doesnt have the options I signed a contract for, I am not taking delivery... that simple... But I dont think thats the case...

·
Registered
100 Posts
The OC site is very weak. It will eventually show the correct model, color, and the basic interior you opted for. It will also give you a VIN number. However, it will never update with all of the options that you decided to get throughout the entire waiting process. It updates several days behind what is actually happening at production site. I found the 800 number to be the most useful as far as knowing where you actually are in the process. So..basically, just chill...it will take a good 2 months for the whole thing....sorry, but we all have to endure it when ordering one.

Best of luck...I found this helpful in getting a better idea of the whole process. :thumbup:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=828

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mine said its scheduled for production with no production date yet... whats up with that? if its scheduled wouldnt they have the date? :dunno:

·
Registered
321 Posts
BMWBoy29 said:
Mine said its scheduled for production with no production date yet... whats up with that? if its scheduled wouldnt they have the date? :dunno:
mine too. :p

·
Old Birty Dastard
62 Posts

·
Old Birty Dastard
62 Posts
If anyone is still listening....

How long before your car is scheduled for production will the production date show up on either the OC website or the BMWNA phone help? I called my dealer, and he tell me that he's "holding" week 42, but the car showing as week 40 (first week in October). He thinks that they might have moved it up since the car is sold already. Any thoughts on the discrepancy? If I have to wait much longer for new info, I might just spontaneously combust. :mad:

·
Registered
321 Posts
My said it was scheduled for production and then suddenly one day it say it was in production with a scheduled completion date of September 14th. Now it's at port awaiting a shipping vessel :D

·
Old Birty Dastard
62 Posts
Well Hans & Franz had better fire up the spot welder before I go all Winston Churchill up in there! :bigpimp:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Kypho-car said:
Well Hans & Franz had better fire up the spot welder before I go all Winston Churchill up in there! :bigpimp:
haha that's what my dad's been saying....stupid crap like "Why don't you call up Hanz and tell him to get on it!"

·
Old Birty Dastard
62 Posts
.Nikki. said:
haha that's what my dad's been saying....stupid crap like "Why don't you call up Hanz and tell him to get on it!"
I am doomed to repeat the stupid comments of my father. It was well into the 90's before he got over his "lets get busy, y'all" phase. There is little hope for me...

·
Registered
15 Posts
My CA told me that my 325xiT is on the Emden, due to arrive in the US on October 7th. I can't seem to find out anything about it. Help, please?

·
Old Birty Dastard
62 Posts
.Nikki. said:
My said it was scheduled for production and then suddenly one day it say it was in production with a scheduled completion date of September 14th. Now it's at port awaiting a shipping vessel :D
Well whaddaya know... this morning mine jumped from scheduled for production with no confirmed date to "in production"! Scheduled completion date is 10/5. Let the countdown begin!! :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Still on the dock

My Xi finished production on 9/15; 9 days later it made it from the factory to the dock and is still waiting for the past week to be loaded. Based on the ship schedule, the next one out is the Elektra which is the slowest tub in the fleet at 20 days. Ironic it takes 5 days to build and then another 6 weeks in transit. Long, long wait.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Talked to my CA this morning. Car finished production on Sep 16th. Arrived at port on Sep 20th. Currently scheduled to depart on Sep 28th on a ship called Franconia, which is on the K Line. Trip should take 13 days with destination being Charleston, SC.

I do not show a ship called Franconia, nor do I know what the K Line means.

Can anyone provide any information on how I might track online?

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
141 Posts
Schedule for Franconia

Greg, my car is on the same ship. Go to www.kline.com and look at the North Atlantic Shuttle Service. Voage 136A, moved up from 9/28 to 9/25 and arrived in Charleston SC on the 10th of October. Smooth sailing I hope!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great! Thanks for the info guys. Seems like it is taking forever between being completed and getting on a ship.

Just anxious I guess. :)

41 - 60 of 76 Posts