BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
frozenfolk said:
My CA told me that my 325xiT is on the Emden, due to arrive in the US on October 7th. I can't seem to find out anything about it. Help, please?
My car is on the same ship. The K line website says its supposed to get in Oct 4. Is is delayed ??

·
Registered
141 Posts
You guys get bragging rights

Glad your KLine ship came in early. The Franconia is due in port now at Charleston on October 10th. Let us know how long it takes to unload, go through the VPC and onto the dealer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
According to all the sites, kline and charleston port, Emden is supposed to dock today, but so far I don't see it. Anyone knows whats going in? How long does it take for a vessel to unload all the cars ??

·
Registered
15 Posts
The vessel schedule on the Port of Charleston site says that the Emden arrived yesterday. You need to scroll down to the bottom of the schedule to see what ships came in over the past several days. Hopefully our much awaited cars are on their way!!! My CA said that my car will be ready for pick up later next week, Wednesday, perhaps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
frozenfolk said:
The vessel schedule on the Port of Charleston site says that the Emden arrived yesterday. You need to scroll down to the bottom of the schedule to see what ships came in over the past several days. Hopefully our much awaited cars are on their way!!! My CA said that my car will be ready for pick up later next week, Wednesday, perhaps.
Yeah I'm counting on Monday or Tuesday :) .. I think the last week is the tough part of the wait....

·
Old Birty Dastard
62 Posts
sharadrai said:
According to all the sites, kline and charleston port, Emden is supposed to dock today, but so far I don't see it. Anyone knows whats going in? How long does it take for a vessel to unload all the cars ??
OK, so I have a question. How long before sailing should my car show up on the W&W tracking website? If it doesn't show up there, should I assume NYK (shipping to Port Hueneme, CA)? Does KLine shipe to CA?

So many questions, so little time.

TIA...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Kypho-car said:
OK, so I have a question. How long before sailing should my car show up on the W&W tracking website? If it doesn't show up there, should I assume NYK (shipping to Port Hueneme, CA)? Does KLine shipe to CA?

So many questions, so little time.

TIA...
I don't think it will show up before sailing. As soon as it sails aske your CA which shipping line was used. Thats what I did.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kypho-car said:
OK, so I have a question. How long before sailing should my car show up on the W&W tracking website? If it doesn't show up there, should I assume NYK (shipping to Port Hueneme, CA)?
My car arrived at the dock on Friday (30-Sept). The W&W tracking site recognized my VIN on Tuesday and that's when I found out that it was put on the Trianon on Sunday (2-Oct) and is scheduled to be in Charleston on 16-Oct. I was a little surprised (and pleased) to see that the Trianon sailed directly to Charleston from South Hampton without stopping in New York or Baltimore (and then goes on to Port Hueneme after a stop in Georgia).

The 800 number which up till now had been pretty timely with its updates finally gave me an "in transit" status on Wednesday and told me to contact my CA for additional info.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just recd a call from my dealer. Informed me that car will be handed over to the trucking company from the vpc today and I should expect it after the weekend. My vehicle came on Emden at the Charleston port.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Good luck and God Speed

sharadrai said:
Just recd a call from my dealer. Informed me that car will be handed over to the trucking company from the vpc today and I should expect it after the weekend. My vehicle came on Emden at the Charleston port.
Let us know how quick it gets to you.

·
Old Birty Dastard
62 Posts
Yet another question

As near as I can tell (through NYK website and other Google finds), NYK no longer ships from Bremerhaven. KLine only ships to the east coast from Bremerhaven via their north atlantic shuttle service.
Which leaves W&W - next sailing on Oct 15, aboard the Isolde. Does anyone know of any other lines that BMW uses (or if any of my info above is incorrect?)
Thanks!
Sleepless in San Jose

·
Registered
30 Posts
boas1 said:
Let us know how quick it gets to you.
Dealer got the car today morning. I'll be picking it up tomorrow...I don't think I can sleep tonite...

·
Registered
307 Posts
grrr...

Number of days from the day it was ordered to the day it was at the port 'awaiting a shipping vessel': 12

Number of days it has been sitting at the port awaiting a [email protected]&^@ng shipping vessel :mad: : 11 and counting

Getting your logistics working like you actually care about customers after a sale is made: Priceless

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thought I'd alter my above comments to reflect reality :angel:

The problem was not with production, shipping or any other logistics. The problem was that my dealer is a twit who wouldn't lift a finger to keep me informed, OC is tragically short on information as well as 7-12 days behind what was actually happening and all tracking sites that I visitied were also quite behind the times.

As it is, my car should be delivered within 5 weeks of order placement, which, as I understand it, is very fast.

Even I will admit when I am wrong :thumbup:

61 - 76 of 76 Posts