BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, there is a A/M switch behind my gear shift, i know that the A means automatic M means manual, but how to change the gear under M switch?
There is no gear shift clips at all. Under M switch, i can't actually change the gear from 1-2-3 manually because there is nothing for me to push up or down in order to change the gear. The only thing i can do is to changing the gear under M switch by using the throttler, hit the the gas pad for a while then release it, the car will move from gear 1 to gear 2.

· Hello!
287 Posts
When you put the A/M switch to M, it locks the gear into either 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th gear depending where your gear selector is at.

To switch to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th you have to move the gear selector into the according number.

I would not recommend doing this because the transmission wasn't made to do that and it'll kill your transmission.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712657

And please, use the search function and google. They're there for a reason.

· I feed trolls
5,175 Posts
They're there for a reason.
That is the first time in the history of the internet that someone has correctly used they're and there in the same sentence.

Well done sir :thumbup:

· Cruising 280 Top Down
6,494 Posts
That is the first time in the history of the internet that someone has correctly used they're and there in the same sentence.

Well done sir :thumbup:
:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.