BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I bought a 2008 BMW 320i touring. User's manual is in japanese and I couldnt find any tutorials on the internet/youtube. How do I use the Cruise control?

When I fiddle around with the controls, I see an indicator like the one shown in dashboard. Is it an error?

Controls look like the one shown in the picture. Any help is appreciated.:)

·
Registered
773 Posts
The first photo is your turn signal stalk with the 'BC' button. The BC button switches the readout (center) between the speedo and tachometer in the second photo.
The cruise control should be on the stalk below the turn signal stalk (which I don't see on your photo) or on the right side of your steering wheel or maybe it didn't come equipped with cruise control. On my BMW (Left hand drive), the cruise control stalk is below the turn signal/BC stalk. Go to the BMW site link below and enter our VIN#. There, you can view the owners manual online which will give you instructions on how to operate it.

https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first photo is your turn signal stalk with the 'BC' button. The BC button switches the readout (center) between the speedo and tachometer in the second photo.
The cruise control should be on the stalk below the turn signal stalk (which I don't see on your photo) or on the right side of your steering wheel or maybe it didn't come equipped with cruise control. On my BMW (Left hand drive), the cruise control stalk is below the turn signal/BC stalk. Go to the BMW site link below and enter our VIN#. There, you can view the owners manual online which will give you instructions on how to operate it.

https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html
Above link says can't find online Manual for my VIN.
Is there a hardware module under the hood that I can see if my car has come equipped with Cruise control?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the second picture, what is 64km/hr ? What is the warning icon beside that?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Google the manual. you can find one online. Search by the model as the VIN could be country specific
I've done a lot of search and couldn't find anything specific to my car model e91 though I could find manuals for e90 but the controls look different from e91.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
773 Posts
In the second picture, what is 64km/hr ? What is the warning icon beside that?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
The 64km/hr is your average speed. If you press the 'BC' button, it will cycle the readout to one of the following:
1. Cruising range
2. Average speed
3. Average fuel consumption
4. Current fuel consumption
5. No information (Blank)

As for the warning icon, it is called a "Check Control message". If your car has iDrive, you can go to the vehicle information menu and view the message. It's probably indicating that a service (i.e. oil change, brakes, vehicle check, etc.) is due soon.
If you don't have iDrive, you may need to take it to the dealer or an indy shop specializing in BMWs to have them read the computer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts