Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wPhTDzJiPY

Learn how to use the Remote 3D View in the BMW Connected App to view your BMW remotely. This is just one of the technical advancements that come with the 2017 5 Series.

Remote 3D View leverages the power of the 5 Series optional Surround View and Remote 3D View. The system offer peace of mind by allowing owners monitor their BMW 5 Series at all times. The system shows a bird's-eye view of the driver's car as well as a three-dimensional image of the area surrounding the vehicle. Any obstacles, including curbs, or other vehicles or pedestrians that suddenly appear can be spotted even earlier in this way.

With the Remote 3D View technology, these three-dimensional views of the vehicle's surrounding area can also be downloaded to the owner's smartphone with the help of BMW Connected App. This fusion of driver assistance systems and connectivity services allows owners to quickly check on their parked car no matter how far away it is, as the image data is transmitted over the cell phone network to their mobile device.

2017 Model Year G30 5 Series Sedan Pricing and Ordering guides

·
Enthusiast
742 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wPhTDzJiPY

Learn how to use the Remote 3D View in the BMW Connected App to view your BMW remotely. This is just one of the technical advancements that come with the 2017 5 Series.

Remote 3D View leverages the power of the 5 Series optional Surround View and Remote 3D View. The system offer peace of mind by allowing owners monitor their BMW 5 Series at all times. The system shows a bird's-eye view of the driver's car as well as a three-dimensional image of the area surrounding the vehicle. Any obstacles, including curbs, or other vehicles or pedestrians that suddenly appear can be spotted even earlier in this way.

With the Remote 3D View technology, these three-dimensional views of the vehicle's surrounding area can also be downloaded to the owner's smartphone with the help of BMW Connected App. This fusion of driver assistance systems and connectivity services allows owners to quickly check on their parked car no matter how far away it is, as the image data is transmitted over the cell phone network to their mobile device.

2017 Model Year G30 5 Series Sedan Pricing and Ordering guides
Now that is just to cool, thanks for posting

·
Chitown traveller
463 Posts
Great for safety. Does automatically take snapshots if it detects its being broken into? Now THAT would be worth every penny.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
OK coders - get to work and create triggers to turn the camera systems "on" when vehicles are detected at "0" range from the BMW &/or when an impact [even as slight as a door-ding] is "detected" by the vehicle's security system AND send an "alert" to the APP (maybe even a txt message??) . Now THAT would be a useful use of the 3D View IMHO.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The Video says it is available on 2017 Series 7 as well (at the 0:34 mark). Is there a cutoff date ? (I have a September built 2017 7 with all the driver assist packages) I don't see the feature.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
WHY no Android, most of us have them???"????
Update the Connected app. The android version now does provide the same functionality as the iPhone app. I was furious about this too, but it works fine now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
15 Posts
Remember that this doesn't work if the mirrors are folded when you park.
After the app update on iOS, the mirror folds out takes the pictures and folds back in. I was surprised last week when it took a 360 picture when I knew I had folded the mirrors.
So when I initiated the 360 again, I saw the mirrors fold out, and after a few seconds folds back in and the app shows the 360 view.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
After the app update on iOS, the mirror folds out takes the pictures and folds back in. I was surprised last week when it took a 360 picture when I knew I had folded the mirrors.
So when I initiated the 360 again, I saw the mirrors fold out, and after a few seconds folds back in and the app shows the 360 view.
Too cool.

·
Registered
93 Posts
So much to learn. Set this up and refreshed 3D image on my iPhone. Peeked in my garage and saw the mirrors unfold, then refold. Then the image showed up on my phone. Touch the screen and took a tour of my garage. Gonna have fun with this!!!

·
530e 2018
136 Posts
Any G30 owners from Canada can shed some light as to how we can get access to this app and its functions like remote 3d?
No such love until sometime in 2018 so they say. We are in a separate Connected space for some reason so you cannot login using the newer app (even if you download it using a US iTunes account)

·
Registered
531 Posts
I think I have the latest release, 7.0.1.967, it doesn't do that. Just gives an error message that the mirrors are folded. It must be the software release in the car that allows this, its not the app.

·
Registered
531 Posts
i got the car back in april and it always worked when the mirrors were folded in. it must have unfolded them, even back then.
The 3D view display a little red triangle on the screen, click it and it will tell you the system cannot display with the mirrors folded. Are you sure you aren't looking at the last 3D view it took?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think I have the latest release, 7.0.1.967, it doesn't do that. Just gives an error message that the mirrors are folded. It must be the software release in the car that allows this, its not the app.
Thats what I thought too! it should be a car's software update. But I didn't update my car's software unless it was updated over the air. (can that be done without being notified?)

I know it wasn't working before, as I did get the message saying that the mirrors were folded. But now it unfolds the mirrors, takes the picture and folds back in.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts