BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

· Premium Member
47,726 Posts
How to VO Coding?

1. What I need? I have e-sys 3.22.5 (payed version) & 49.0
can make change vo with esys?

2. If VO coded... Can revert to Original VO?

Thanks...
1) You can use any version of E-Sys. You do not need a Patch or Token for VO Coding, only FDL Coding.

2) You can change your VO, VO Code, and change the VO back to original and VO Code it again. To change your VO, read this:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=327696&d=1338725691

3) To VO Code:

Connect => Read FA => Activate FA => Read VCM => Right-Click on ECU (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

· Premium Member
47,726 Posts
Yes. Straight from the E-Sys Help File:

FDL:

"A function data list is in principle a CAF (Coding Application File) which is aggregated with the data residing actually in the ECU.

A CAF exists prior to ECU coding as data record. But a FDL is generated by readout of data from a ECU and the input of the result in the corresponding CAF."

EST:

"The EST is needed to open the modules CAF-Viewer, FDL-Editor, and Coding-Verification. An EST with role ADVANCED is needed to code FDLs."

· Registered
767 Posts
Shawn,

Here's what I've done so far. While not connected to my car:
  • I loaded in my PC my latest FA file into E-Sys
  • Using FA Editor, I opened this FA file
  • Clicked on FA Zuftragung (spelling) & Type SALAPA
  • Then I entered the proper option codes in alphanumeric order, separating each entry by a comma (and no space) -- BTW, I used TokenMaster's new tool to confirm these option codes
  • Verified edited FA by selecting calculate FP and had no errors
  • I then saved this FA file with a new name

Over the weekend, will connect to my car:
  • Will read in this FA file
  • Activate this edited FA
  • Click on Read SVT(...
  • Right click on the affected ECUs (again, TokenMaster's new tool helped me ID these)
  • Select CODE
  • Repeat for affected ECU

Have I done or will do something incorrectly or omitted anything?

· Premium Member
47,726 Posts
That looks correct.

· Registered
767 Posts
Shawn,

For various reasons, never got around to doing the VO coding, but will finally get to it in next day or so.

I am VO coding to add three options: PDCs (front & rear) (508); rear camera (3AG); and side cameras (5DK). Have added these to a VO that I did on my PC while not connected to car.

Using TokenMasters CAFD/NCD tool, seems like there are only three ECUs affected: HU_NBT; REM; and ICMQL.

I have two remaining questions before I do this:
  • First, how does the TRSV module get coded since it is not currently in my SVT? Will it appear after VO coding and do I VO Code it as well as the other three?
  • Is there anything else that I ought to do, perhaps another ECU?

Again, thank you for your super help!

· Premium Member
47,726 Posts
CAFD/NCD tool is Great, but it isn't perfect. Both 3AG and 5DK require VO Coding TRSVC too.

TRSVC should appear after Rear Camera is installed, FA Codes are added, and you Read SVT with E-Sys. If it does not, try Read ECU instead of Read SVT.

· Registered
767 Posts
Your reply helped me figure out why TRSV doesn't show up yet -- it is not connected yet as current REM doesn't have connectors for PDCs. Before I VO code, I'll put in new REM with needed connectors so TRSV should show up; then use new VO (with 3 new options).

Sent from my Samsung S4 using BimmerApp

· Registered
1,427 Posts
After I do Vehicle Order: Read, the Edit button is greyed out so I cannot edit. What am I doing wrong? Trying to VO code the ASS & seatbelt reminders off.

E-Sys 3.24.3
v.55.1_PSdZData_Lite
I-Step: F010-15-03-502

Thanks.

Attachments

· Premium Member
47,726 Posts
After I do Vehicle Order: Read, the Edit button is greyed out so I cannot edit. What am I doing wrong? Trying to VO code the ASS & seatbelt reminders off.

E-Sys 3.24.3
v.55.1_PSdZData_Lite
I-Step: F010-15-03-502

Thanks.
Save FA first, then you can Edit it.

· Premium Member
47,726 Posts
I got a question on the e-sys program. I see that it also use psdzdata lite and full version. Can I use the psdzdata full version from ISTA on e-sys program? Are they the same ?
Same. E-Sys PSdZData is ripped from ISTA.

· Registered
499 Posts
Same. E-Sys PSdZData is ripped from ISTA.

Hi Shawn
I think I screwed up something using the E-sys software. Do you have the FA file for 2011 F10 535i?
I got the Chassis Stabilization Malfunction error every time when I start the car, I can't switch to sport , sport +mode. Then last night when I tried using this e-sys program, I went to DSC (screen shot) and using the FA file that came with the program it saids FA Sample or something.
I select F010 and it shows active. Then i went to DSC section, right click the CAFD and coded it. When it starts writing the code, I got the ABS error
Instead of trying to fix it, I rather wait cause I have no idea I what was doing lol. I just want to fix the problem.

Or I should right click on DSC to code the whole section? Any help will be great. Shy

Right now lots of errors on dash. Thanks god car still drivable. I am so lost now.

Font Operating system Personal computer Software Electronic device

Speedometer Odometer Tachometer Light Car

· Premium Member
47,726 Posts
Hi Shawn
I think I screwed up something using the E-sys software. Do you have the FA file for 2011 F10 535i?
I got the Chassis Stabilization Malfunction error every time when I start the car, I can't switch to sport , sport +mode. Then last night when I tried using this e-sys program, I went to DSC (screen shot) and using the FA file that came with the program it saids FA Sample or something.
I select F010 and it shows active. Then i went to DSC section, right click the CAFD and coded it. When it starts writing the code, I got the ABS error
Instead of trying to fix it, I rather wait cause I have no idea I what was doing lol. I just want to fix the problem.

Or I should right click on DSC to code the whole section? Any help will be great. Shy

Right now lots of errors on dash. Thanks god car still drivable. I am so lost now.

View attachment 1041223
You are supposed to use FA read from car, not FA Sample.

Read FA from car and VO Code DSC:

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read (ECU) => Right-Click on DSC (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

· Registered
499 Posts
You are supposed to use FA read from car, not FA Sample.

Read FA from car and VO Code DSC:

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read (ECU) => Right-Click on DSC (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.
Oh I am doing it wrong then. So when I get home tonight. First I connect the e-sys then read FA.
do I need to use the full version of PSdZData or I can still use the Lite version to fix the problems?

Do you know if this e-sys program can fix my Chassis Stabilization Malfunction error ?

Cause I don't know if the Chassis Stabilization is under which module. Is there a cheat sheet I can find out what is for DME , DSC, EGS....etc.

Any help will be great.

Thanks Shawn

· Premium Member
47,726 Posts
Oh I am doing it wrong then. So when I get home tonight. First I connect the e-sys then read FA.
do I need to use the full version of PSdZData or I can still use the Lite version to fix the problems?

Do you know if this e-sys program can fix my Chassis Stabilization Malfunction error ?

Cause I don't know if the Chassis Stabilization is under which module. Is there a cheat sheet I can find out what is for DME , DSC, EGS....etc.

Any help will be great.

Thanks Shawn
Lite is fine for all coding.

At this point, i have no idea what is cause of Chassis Stabilization Malfunction. Normally it comes from missing or corrupt DME CAFD i,e, (cafd_ffffffff-255_255_255), If that is case, you need to inject CAFD into DME and VO Code it:

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read (ECU) => Left-Click on desired DME => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown (bottom one) => Select OK => Right-Click on DME (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

* NOTE: Motor can NOT be running when you code DME module.

* NOTE: Injecting CAFD (Detect CAF for SWE) and Flashing ECU's with >= v.4.17.20 PSdZData requires using newer E-Sys 3.30.0 or higher.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.