BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per an earlier post, I took a set of 2004 angel eyes to remove the fiber optic rings and put them into my existing 2002 xenon light assembly. I contacted Umnitza to complete the install and heat-seal the headlights. I explained to them in detail with pictures of how I want it done and that I would have to park my X5 for a few days and rent a car. They said it would take no more than a day or two. So I shipped my headlights and rings to FedEx overnight at over $220 from Canada! Tracking shows they got there Monday afternoon.

After days of no response, I contacted them on Thursday, and their response... "We're going to take our time and do it this weekend, I don’t want to mess it up."

One week after they got the headlights, I emailed them on the following Monday morning. Their response... "Should be done today. I'll keep you posted."

Monday night..."We're working on a lot of headlights, seems everyone shipped us their's."

Tuesday..."They should be finished today. They are a little more complicated than we thought."

Wednesday..."We ran into a major problem. You did not ship the light rings. We only received the headlights! If you want we can install our own angel eye kit..."

What the [email protected]#K??? At this point I just lost it!!!!! :mad: I had taken pictures of everything that I had shipped and sent them the pictures. I told them they would have to buy me new rings out of the 2004 headlights if they can't find them!!

Wednesday night... "Okay we found the rings. We are literally finishing it tonight. We will send you pics of the final product." :wtf:

Thursday..."They are shipping tomorrow, they are not completed yet, one side left to do. Will send you pics later today." :tsk:

This is the second time I lost it!!! I told them to pack the lights and ship them back overnight. I don't care if they are done or not, just send them back immediately! :tantrum:

Friday morning..."Why are you worrying? They are done and are being shipped out today!"

Friday afternoon when I called to confirm shipping ..."The installer has the lights apart and says your rings will not fit into the headlights. Why don't you install our angel eye kit, it's not too much more expensive..." :wtf:

CAN YOU [email protected]#%IN' BELIEVE THESE GUYS????????????? I PAID OVER $200 TO SHIP THE LIGHTS, I KEEP GETTING FALSE PROMISES, I HAVE BEEN WITHOUT MY TRUCK FOR 2 WEEKS AND PAID $80/DAY FOR A FRICKIN' RENTAL CAR
AND MY HEADLIGHTS ARE STILL APART IN THEIR SHOP!!! WHY WOULD ANYONE DEAL WITH THESE GUYS????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

They should be held responsible all for the costs I incurred!!!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
You have several options.

First, speak with the owner/general manager and tell he/she what happened and see how they respond. If they are indeed level headed, the will recoup the cost of the rental and reimburse you for the shipping.

Second, report them to the Better Buisness Bureau. You may want to reserve doing this until you speak with the owner/manager.

Third, if they will not recoup the costs, I would consider small claims court.

·
I love my beautiful wife.
2,151 Posts
Nothing like word of mouth...thanks for posting.

But, sometimes you get the elevator....and sometimes you get the shaft.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
I would also complain to the administrators of the forums where they are sponsors.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
·clyde· said:
I would also complain to the administrators of the forums where they are sponsors.
All I know is that these guys are going to lose a lot of business due to their inefficiency and lack of customer service! Word of mouth goes a long way

·
Registered
185 Posts
King said:
All I know is that these guys are going to lose a lot of business due to their inefficiency and lack of customer service! Word of mouth goes a long way
So, what's the latest King? Any resolution?

·
24/7 Bimmer Addict
514 Posts
I was planning on buying some stuff from them. Now, I am going to shop elsewhere. My support to you.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TommyX said:
So, what's the latest King? Any resolution?
Well the latest is that I am on day 16, and I still have no headlights!! I told them to send my lights back whether or not they're done and I'm still waiting.

I noticed several complaints against Umnitza on other boards, to include the Roadfly X5 and 540i groups just to mention a couple.

I would avoid them like a plague if I could...

·
Caretaker for "The Boss"
124 Posts
I'm sorry about what happened to you, the people at Umnitza sound like a real class act :rolleyes: :tsk: but I have a question for you.

Don't you have to run with headlights on all the time in Canada?? what good are the rings if you have to have headlights on??

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thrillhill said:
I'm sorry about what happened to you, the people at Umnitza sound like a real class act :rolleyes: :tsk: but I have a question for you.

Don't you have to run with headlights on all the time in Canada?? what good are the rings if you have to have headlights on??
The daytime running lights here are usually the parking lights. Headlights go on when it get's dark of course. So the rings would actually be on most of the time.

·
Hog Town
1,100 Posts
thrillhill said:
That's a good point.
King said:
The daytime running lights here are usually the parking lights
King, parking lights are not DRLs. Generally they're your low beam but at reduced intensity. Without DRLs, people are required to turn on full headlight system when driving. Driving with just the rings lighted only is illegal so becareful.

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
:yikes: :yikes:

That is quite a horror story - and they are a site sponsor as well. :eek:

I wonder if they will read this thread and reply. :rolleyes:

Hopefully, you will get this resolved and get your truck back on the road.

·
mmm... carbs!
3,055 Posts
breytonX5 said:
That's a good point.

King, parking lights are not DRLs. Generally they're your low beam but at reduced intensity. Without DRLs, people are required to turn on full headlight system when driving. Driving with just the rings lighted only is illegal so becareful.
He must be thinking of the GM style DRLs, which are like high intensity parking lights.

·
Registered
874 Posts
This thread is exactly 5 days old now with no resolution, and no answer from the offending party...If I were Umnitza I'd be all over this, free rings for King from their best stock, free return shipping, multiple apologies...I don't think you can bother with small claims since they are in the US and you are Canadian...

Please let us know how this finishes up!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
stewthebassman said:
This thread is exactly 5 days old now with no resolution, and no answer from the offending party...If I were Umnitza I'd be all over this, free rings for King from their best stock, free return shipping, multiple apologies...I don't think you can bother with small claims since they are in the US and you are Canadian...

Please let us know how this finishes up!
Are you kiddin' me? They don't give a rat's a$$. Friday they said the lights have been shipped back to me. Yestaerday I called for the tracking number; they couldn't find it! Today I get a voice mail saying the lights were not shipped out yet. They will not ship them unless I pay for return shipping! After my lights have been sitting there for two and a half weeks, they want me to pay to get them back!!! :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
King said:
Are you kiddin' me? They don't give a rat's a$$. Friday they said the lights have been shipped back to me. Yestaerday I called for the tracking number; they couldn't find it! Today I get a voice mail saying the lights were not shipped out yet. They will not ship them unless I pay for return shipping! After my lights have been sitting there for two and a half weeks, they want me to pay to get them back!!! :mad: :mad:
We should start a ban of their products and services and have the moderators pull them as a sponsor.

And King, you should call the Better Buisness Bureau and ask some law friends what legal leverage you have to recoup your financial losses.

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
King said:
What a load of sh!t.

Umnitza doesn't offer anything that I am interested in purchasing, but after following your situation, even if they did have something that I liked, I wouldn't give them the business.

:thumbdwn:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.