BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have had problems with my UK S 98 reg, E36, M52, 323i car for a while. Rough idle, poor performance, poor mileage, worse in winter. This December 2010 at 108k miles it had a proper fit, it wouldn't start, wouldn't hold its revs, then surges, sounded horrendous. Following the Peake codes I replaced the the following parts from a donor car, both O2 sensors, crankshaft sensor, 6 ignition coils, CCV, MAF. Whilst this has got it working again I still have the same underlying problem. Today I discovered the joys of the Nikasil problem, my car was manufactured in May 98, I understand the problem was resolved in Mar 98? I am guessing my engine was already cast and built by Mar and fitted in May. The Peake code is not showing any problems but the rough idle remains, the car shakes it feels like its misfiring, when stationary and when driving at speed. It happens when cold and hot. It has a very noisy vanos too. Sometimes its fine. Any advice welcome.

Apologies if too much info?:)

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
I'd try edirty6.com were I you. It's a UK based forum so they'd be more familliar with the Nikasil issue. (We were spared that in exchange for GM autotragic tranny's). Not trying to brush you off, but they'd honestly be of more help in this case.

P.S. tell PirateCopy we say hi.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts