BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
It's not easy being me...
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings and salutations!

My name is Brent and I hail from the Olympic Peninsula in western Washington state.

Have done my obligitory lurking and have discovered that this site is well worth the time spent here. There are some very knowledgeable folks here and a wealth of hard won and busted-knuckle information to be had. This is a priceless commodity wherever you are lucky enough to find it on the inter-webs. Info provided by those who drive, work on, and live with these cars (or any) is always full of more insight and "feeling"....that's the kind of advice to get bar none!

I also like the respectful interaction that goes on here. This is somewhat rare in the 2 dimensional world and always welcomed.

Hope to be a contributor as well as picking your collective brains....always like to give something back when I can.

Verbose? wordy? a gas-bag you say ? :blah: Nah, just am convinced that you're "first contact" be memorable;)

Some bimmer background; I currently own an e32 1987 735i, black on black. I purchased this car for $500 w/blown trans and have brought it back to snuff over the course of this year. This is my first bimmer and luckily it has only needed things that I was able to fix myself (so far). It is in beautiful conditon despite it's age and has 160xxx on the clock. The only things I have "changed" were to install a set of Vogtland springs and Bilsteins. I installee the Turner/Conforti chip as well as helpingit breathe a little better and modifying the exhaust a bit to the same end.

Feeling full of myself at this point I just last week bought a e24 1977 630csi w/blown headgasket. Busy compiling a list of needs for this beautiful automobile. It definitely needs some TLC but will be well worth it I'm sure.

I am a member of the Puget Sound region BMWCCA....joined just this year. And am looking forward to becoming more active in the BMW community as a whole.

There are some quick photos posted in my "garage" (if I have done so correctly:dunno:) I will add to these as time permits. It is very rural where I am....Hoping to have a quicker 'net connection before too long, so bear with me and my archaic dial-up.

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
Good post. :) :wave:

You only need 49 more posts to join the discussion in Poly-Sci. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
I am certainly not above re-posting;)

Poli-sci eh? is that the usual conspiracy/conjecture/innuendo/rampant paranoia type forum?

Thanx for the quick reply.
Yup - you have it exactly.

But seriously, welcome. This is a fairly interesting, ah, bunch of people on here. :)

The car knowledge is first rate, and it's generally tempered by a dose of wit and a half-measure of rippling laughter.

Best of luck on your e32. :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Hello and Welcome :hi:

·
It's not easy being me...
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx to you all for a warm welcome!

Went to look at a parts car today for the 630. It has been neglected and left in the weather for quite some time. It genuinely saddens me to see any fine automobile in such a state....oh well.

This being the introductions forum I s'pose I should keep the story-telling to a minimum.

Anywho, glad to be here:)

·
New Mommy to Kristopher
667 Posts
Chimacum, WA! Wow!

The Fest includes all kinds. Best advice is not to take anything too personally. Oh, and be prepared to post pix of your vehicle, your rims, all modifications, your boobs, your girlfriend's boobs, your feet and your bank account. :D

Welcome aboard!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts