BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BMW Genius @ BMW Portland
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there isnt really any place around here (that i know of) that does dynos. im curious to find out how much hp and torque mine has. ill list a few things that might be needed for info just incase someone who did the same thing to their E30 could share their results?

1990 325i engine w/ 30,xxx on it..stroked from the 2.7 e30 motor.
2.93 lsd.
5 speed tranny with like..192,xxx on it.
brand new clutch (not sure if its that important to list)

i believe thats everything? lately ive been thinking about switching to an e36..but then again im pretty sure my e30 has ABOUT the same, or even more hp and or torque than a stock say..325i..since they have approx 192 hp. also, i do know what e30s are lighter compared to e36s which contributes a lot to the whole hp deal. any input would be great.

·
Registered
201 Posts
since hp/tq is in general a function of displacement (plus many other variables). I'd say a good guesstimate is you have 8% more hp/tq than you did before you stroked your motor. your 2.7l gained 8% displacement over your 2.5l. And since you didn't indicate you did any headwork or cams, or any internal mods, 8% increase is a good guess.

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i do have a chip and a cold air intake deal..but i havent installed them. and it was the crankshaft that we installed to stroke it. and how would i compute the 8% increase into it? thanks for the quick reply

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
if you want to get all that power to the ground get a 4.10LSD. then youll be amazed.

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you want to get all that power to the ground get a 4.10LSD. then youll be amazed.
yeah i had a 4.10 lsd in my last e30. and so since the one i have now is a 2.93..that means it just has top end speed..and the 4.10 has the quick, off the line thing huh.

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bump..

actually its to see if my sig pic that kamotors gave me advice on works. didnt feel like clogging up your thread with my inability to do this..ha.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
yeah i had a 4.10 lsd in my last e30. and so since the one i have now is a 2.93..that means it just has top end speed..and the 4.10 has the quick, off the line thing huh.
yup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts