BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our HPF 335i intercooler is in production now and will be done in 1-2 months. This intercooler is the largest on the market today, uses the same extremely efficient core we run in our E46 M3 turbo systemsand simply connects right in to the factory intercooler piping without requiring couplers or clamps. Install can literally take just a few minutes. I will have production pictures of these shortly.

We've finished the design process on our 335i intake manifold which provides the ability to run an additional fuel rail / injectors / and 5 methanol nozzles. This intake manifold bolts right in and can be used with or without the rail and injectors. The first few pictures show the manifold in solidworks, the last few pictures show the SLA (rapid prototype) model in plastic. The production intake manifold will be produced in aluminum.

We're selling both of these products wholesale and retail. We will be using both of these products for our 335i turbo kits however we will be pricing the manifolds such that other tuners may want to use them for their turbo systems as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow that's looks nice. But I do have a question: Installing a large intercooler (with stock turbos) will create lag right? I know it does on Subarus.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that's looks nice. But I do have a question: Installing a large intercooler (with stock turbos) will create lag right? I know it does on Subarus.
The larger intercooler requires more volume to fill by the turbos, but what we typically see with our intercoolers is that the added efficiency of the intercooler creates colder air which makes more power and often negates the spooling losses. But there may be a slight lag. The biggest difference the larger intercooler will make is when the car is driven at higher speeds or the car is driven hard for more than a few seconds. This is when the intercooler will keep the intake charge temps down and allow the engine to make a noticeable increase in power.

Chris.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts