BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow BMW fan's

I'm new to this forum and BMW ownership...

I'm sad to say my first purchase hasn't been a happy one having only driven my 120d for 30 miles upon collection from a private seller before breaking down. this was over a month ago and I haven't driven it since.

to cut a long story short the HPFP and tank pumps were destroyed and the system was full of metal. I've since thoroughly cleaned the whole system and lines, rail, injectors the lot and replaced both the HPFP and tank low pressure pump.

The car is booked in at BMW next Friday for them to get running, however in the mean time I cant figure out why it wont at least idle.

It cranks, but wont fire, the in tank pump doesn't sound like it primes or anything, however it will pump if I hook it up to a 12v feed manually.

Is there a reason it wont start ?, is there air in the system if so how do i get it out ?

would a new pressure regulator on the HPFP prevent it starting or bleeding or both ?

any help advice or guidance much appreciated as this has caused me a month of unbelievable stress having been quoted £7700 for BMW to fix it. I've done most of it for £1200

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just realized i connected the tank pump polarity the wrong way round, I have fuel coming out of both the hp and lp feeds to the injectors now. but still no start :-(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Resolved now... left the in tank pump running on a 12v battery charger, whilst i opened up the hpfp feeds to the injectors, 3 cranks and vrooom... it started, drove and was fine with no errors. no coding required for a new HPFP or in tank pump. BMW told me it had to be... but its a load of bollocks.:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts