Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I need some help with my late-2014 F30 316i. I saw some related topics but in my case they raised more questions. I’ll give you the short story.

Car is manufactured in October 2014, it has 32k on the clock. Few weeks ago the car started having difficult starts in the morning. Starter motor would spin several times before the engine cranks. Once it cranks thought, car is running fine. A few days later, i picked up the car from the carwash, started the engine, the car revved, then the rpms jurked a bit and eventually stalled completely. The iDrive displayed “Auto start/stop function disabled”. I started it again with no issues and no error messages.
Same thing happened few days later, only this time the car stalled two times in a row. The second time it threw a “Drivetrain malfunction error on the iDrive”.

Car starts normally first time in the morning.
Issue happens only after the car has been driven and stationed for an hour or two
Car does not stall when driving

I read the car with Carly and it gave me error code 11A002 - “High pressure fuel, plausibility: pressure too low”.

What I did so far:

- Replaced car battery, because mine was old and had some faults a few times.
- Cleared all errors, drove for about 50mi, no stalling but error 11A002 popped up again.

This is where I need help from you. In my opinion the problem could be:

A: High pressure fuel pump
B: Low pressure electrical pump
C: LPFP relay
D: Clogged fuel filter

Before jumping into expensive pumps replacements I wanted to ask if someone here experienced same problem as mine and how can I test for sure what my issue is.

Thank you very much in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick update, the car was with the dealer for a day and a half. The ran all sorts of diagnostics there but no codes no nothing. Everything is normal. Im struggling to understand what that might be

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. Did you manage to get this sorted.
I have just brought a 118i 2013 from a private seller, a week later. 11a002 and p0087 codes. Fuming

so any help would be great.
Thanks

r

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi. Did you manage to get this sorted.
I have just brought a 118i 2013 from a private seller, a week later. 11a002 and p0087 codes. Fuming

so any help would be great.
Thanks

r
Hi mate. I changed the low-pressure pump relay and this solved it for me. Haven’t had an issue for quite some time now.
It’s this one:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts