BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the smartphone integration kit for the iphone 3gs and was wondering if the htc Evo integrates music and the phonebook etc using an adapter similar to the available iphone one. Does anyone use the HTC Evo in their x5 2011?

·
Need more power on X5
2 Posts
Do you use FM Transmitter? Any generic one with 2.5mm line will work.

I use FM transmitter (the cheapest model on TigerDirect) on X5; it works fine.

I had a customized one for ipod touch, but return it for signal is too weak. Other than that I don't use the adaptor for my X5 and HTC.

If we are talking about bluetooth transmission.
For phone address book, just hook up the bluetooth, the address information (phone book) will automatically download into car computer.

For voice data transmission (meaning we can talk to the phone by car speaker system), it should not be a problem.

For music data transmission (I guess this is what you are asking). Unfortunately, I have not found a neat/direct solution. Most of the phone do not support music data transmission, because big data in a song will take too much time to transmit to the receiver (e.g. headset, bluetooth receiver), the device just drops that transmission task by purpose. Therefore, it requires a special "data software package" normally provided by silicon chip vendor (like Texas Instrument) embedded in the silicon ship to transfer this big data (song/music) through bluetooth technology to the receiver. (have you tried to send music from your laptop to your phone? it's the same thing.

I don't have HTC Evo, just guess its chipset is different than X5's chipset. Therefore, they don't talk to each other. On the other hand, any other bluetooth transmitter works on BMW, it will work on any phone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.