BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 F15 Navigation went into theft protection mode (according to the dealer) so I dropped it off with them to get them to fix it and they were having a hard time with it. After a week of trying they said they had to call BMW HQ to do an "I Rap" session at which point it was unlocked. Which is great, but the bad part is that it seems to have knocked out the CAFD file from being in the ESYS programming options. I tried Bimmercode and it also does not show it. They also somehow managed to disable the concierge, remote tracking, BMW Assist, and internet options (Flikr, Weather, live parking etc). I'm willing to forego some of those items but would like to have access to editing the HU NBT items again. I tried the fix on previous thread regarding similar(?) issue. Specifically can't do the 'Left-Click on HU_NBT => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => ' portion. Any ideas what I could be missing?

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't it still work in the Bimmercode app though even if my eSys is out of date?

·
Registered
269 Posts
You can parallel install esys >= 3.30 without the need for a launcher and that way you will not lose esys 3.27 with the launcher for FDL coding.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can parallel install esys >= 3.30 without the need for a launcher and that way you will not lose esys 3.27 with the launcher for FDL coding.
I was looking for parallel install, is this what you mean by it: Coding with E-sys using VMware or Parallels.. How do you... ?
I'll need to source 3.30 first and then will try, by parallel install do you instead mean just installing another copy on same and pointing it to the same PZsdata folder?
Also, why not just replace 3.27 then if 3.30 is newer?

·
Registered
269 Posts
By parallel install I mean just install 3.30 normally and during installation choose a different directory for the installation (for example C:\Programs\E-Sys-3.30). The data directory (C:\data by default) can be shared between installs.

The launcher you are using doesn't work with esys 3.30, so you need to keep the 3.27.1 installation with the launcher for FDL coding. For VO coding and CAFD injection you don't need a launcher, so 3.30 will work fine for that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
By parallel install I mean just install 3.30 normally and during installation choose a different directory for the installation (for example C:\Programs\E-Sys-3.30). The data directory (C:\data by default) can be shared between installs.

The launcher you are using doesn't work with esys 3.30, so you need to keep the 3.27.1 installation with the launcher for FDL coding. For VO coding and CAFD injection you don't need a launcher, so 3.30 will work fine for that.

Hi,

I have esys 3.27, where's the best place to get esys 3.30 please

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 2017 F15 Navigation went into theft protection mode (according to the dealer) so I dropped it off with them to get them to fix it and they were having a hard time with it. After a week of trying they said they had to call BMW HQ to do an "I Rap" session at which point it was unlocked. Which is great, but the bad part is that it seems to have knocked out the CAFD file from being in the ESYS programming options. I tried Bimmercode and it also does not show it. They also somehow managed to disable the concierge, remote tracking, BMW Assist, and internet options (Flikr, Weather, live parking etc). I'm willing to forego some of those items but would like to have access to editing the HU NBT items again. I tried the fix on previous thread regarding similar(?) issue. Specifically can't do the 'Left-Click on HU_NBT => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => ' portion. Any ideas what I could be missing?

View attachment 1049811

View attachment 1049812
I can help you.. send pm to me if you want it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts