Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
could someone help me with hu_entry on bmw f30 bought secon hand unit and everything works but not bluetooth, i am stuck and need help to get it working please
thanks

·
Premium Member
40,020 Posts
I replied to your PM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have the same problem, I want to replace my HU_ENTRY (F20, 11.2011) unit with another one.
How to proceed ? FSC codes for USB and Bluetooth are still not possible for this type of unit ?
Do I need a CAN emulator ? if so which one to choose ?
Thank you for your help

·
Premium Member
40,020 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have the same problem, I want to replace my HU_ENTRY (F20, 11.2011) unit with another one.
How to proceed ? FSC codes for USB and Bluetooth are still not possible for this type of unit ?
Do I need a CAN emulator ? if so which one to choose ?
Thank you for your help
You are replacing HU_ENTRY with HU_ENTRY?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes I want to do this because I have made a HU_ENTRY to HU_NBT2 retrofit on this vehicle.
I bought a new vehicle so I would like to resell the NBT EVO to put the old headunit back in, except ... that I threw the old unit in the trash :(

·
Premium Member
40,020 Posts
Yes I want to do this because I have made a HU_ENTRY to HU_NBT2 retrofit on this vehicle.
I bought a new vehicle so I would like to resell the NBT EVO to put the old headunit back in, except ... that I threw the old unit in the trash :(
Do you know the Donor VIN (last 7)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
no I don't know because I haven't bought the item yet;) I wanted to be sure before it was possible.
on the other hand I have a HU_ENTRYNAV2 is stock at home, but from what I could understand it is harder to set up ... component protection, FSC ... emulator ...

·
Premium Member
40,020 Posts
Process would be install replacement ENTRY Head Unit, and import your original OEM FSC Codes into it, and then VO Code it. This is only possible if replacement ENTRY Head Unit is older than your original one. If it is newer, you will need to use the Donor FSC Codes and an Emulator./ CAN Filter.

Reactions: Lamp.963852

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes unfortunately for me I did not recover the FSC codes from my original HU_ENTRY :(
My only solution will therefore be to buy a nw HU_ENTRY from a donor vehicle (with these FSC codes), it is easy to find that ^^ ?
Then add an emulator (CAN filter), any CIC / NBT is possible ?

·
Premium Member
40,020 Posts
Your OEM FSC COdes can easily be obtained.

If using an Emualtor, you can buy older or newer unit.

CIC/NBT are possible. Emualtor or non-OEM VIN Matching FSC Codes can be used.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A ok thank for all information,
So in summary, I can buy any HU_ENTRY as long as I have an emulator :)
For FSC codes, I can leave those of the module I am going to buy.
Thanks to you.

·
Premium Member
40,020 Posts
Correct.

·
Premium Member
40,020 Posts
You need to have seller confirm it works with ENTRY Head Unit. If it does, it works for all FSC Codes including Bluetooth and USB.

You need to make sure replacement head Unit has these FSC codes issued to it as not all do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts