BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,664 Posts
BMW isn't exactly stupid. This WLAN functionality they have added has to serve a purpose.

Clearly if a car is getting Internet over Bluetooth, it would be redundant to have the Head Unit act as a Hotspot since the mobile phone serving up the internet to it is already in Tehering / Hostpost mode.

HU_NBT was upgraded to 3G, and I think it may even be upgradeable to LTE in the future. My guess is that is for cars with factory 614 Internet via the cars 3G Connection, and will turn that connection into a Hotspot.

·
Premium Member
45,664 Posts
From a BMW press release:

Anyone in the car can connect to the Hotspot and use the LTE connection, and anyone outside can as well since it comes with a built-in battery and antennae for portable use for up to 30 minutes or with a USB power supply connected. BMW notes that the LTE Car Hotspot fits into any BMW center console with a phone base plate so that it can be retrofitted to earlier models. In areas without LTE coverage, the Hotspot will switch to another network.
Yes, but this has nothing to do with the Head Unit. This is a standalone Hotspot that is powered by the cradle.

Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car Executive car

·
Premium Member
45,664 Posts
yeah when you code the HU_CIC it shows al sorts of messages about this...
you can delete the logfiles through the web interface though ;-)
Can you post the log file or picture of these coding related messages?

·
Premium Member
45,664 Posts

Hi mate, excuse my ignorance but what does this mean "I haven't seen a car with NBT and 51 yet. So there is a hope, that 51 will fix this issue with Wi-Fi " ?

I am using E-SYS v3.23.4 and PSDZ data 51.1 and have successfully coded blinkers in HUD, video from USB stick, changed grey lines to orange on my black panel display etc.

I can't check the settings you suggest until I get home tonight but I'd be interested what it means!!!!

Thank you again.
Yans.
The PSdZData version you are using is irrelevant.

He is talking about the actual version of ISTA/P last used by BMW to program the car, which determines the firmware actually in NBT ECU.

The firmware is what adds or makes features possible, and then coding enables them.

Using 51.1 PSdZData on a car last programmed with ISTA/P 2.50.4 is no different then just using 50.4 PSdZData to code it. You are limited by the firmware level.

·
Premium Member
45,664 Posts
F010-13-07-501 = ista/p 2.50.0.

·
Premium Member
45,664 Posts
Sorry to be annoying. What does that mean? What do I have to do now?!
Thank you :)
Nothing at this point, unless you want to flash your NBT Head Unit with 51.1 firmware to see if WLAN works or not, and report back your findings.

·
Premium Member
45,664 Posts
Obvious question I think you know is coming....... Whats the procedure to flash your NBT Head Unit with 51.1 firmware??? Is it risky using my laptop and E-Sys like I have been???

Huge thanks again.
There is always risk flashing an ECU that you could brick it.

You need to read this Thread in its entirety, and in particular Post # 99 for flashing procedure:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731185

·
Premium Member
45,664 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,664 Posts
The latest is 51.3.

·
Premium Member
45,664 Posts
2.53.3 is the latest.

·
Premium Member
45,664 Posts
In my CIC Head Unit, most certainly not. ;)

Someone with NBT needs to test it.

·
Premium Member
45,664 Posts
1) WiFi was killed by BMW shortly after NBT arrived.
2) When you tested it, did you drive the car and allow the door locks to auto lock, and then turn engine off?
3) Do you have 6WA Cluster?

·
Premium Member
45,664 Posts
Yes unlock all four doors with FOB is enabled and working.
I have never seen in not work when CAS => ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR = aktiv, and iDrive is set to Auto Lock.

I forgot to mention I have head-up display (Included in Executive Package) So good guess would be I have 6WA?
Decode your VIN and see if you have 6WA. I think 6WB is now an F10 option, and it won't work with 6WB.

Shawn, did they kill it in the software or omitted the wireless card altogether to force the user to buy the BMW Wi-Fi module that goes in the cradle in the center armrest. I believe the reason the In-Vehicle Wireless function cannot be ticked because there is no built-in Wi-Fi card in the car. Thoughts?

BTW I know there is a SIM card int he car because I have Internet and can load the weather app!
It was killed via newer firmware. 2013 F10's with NBT that initially had WLAN working stopped working after dealer programming.

·
Premium Member
45,664 Posts
Are we sure the only code needed to enable this on a 2015 F10 is KOMBI>3007>KI_Dimmung, 24>DIM_NACHT_EIN>werte=FF ? Maybe they changed something or added some other entry somewhere else?
As far as I know, only DIM_NACHT_EIN is needed, but I have not played with this code in years.

·
Premium Member
45,664 Posts
I am sorry if this is not the right place to ask this so just let me know if it isn't and I will remove it.

So there is only one thing left that is bothering me and I can't figure out how to fix it. I have Active Cruise Control with Stop and Go, when I turn Cruise Control on and set speed, I have a choice to set the distance between my car and the car ahead. I prefer this setting to be at the shortest distance since the longest is really too long and leaves quite a bit of space between me and the car ahead. My question is, is there a way to make ACC remember my distance setting instead of having to set it up manually after each start-up?
Try ICM => LDM_Abstandsstufe_init (aka C_Abstandsstufe_init).

Werte=01 =1 Bar
Werte=02 =2 Bars
Werte=03 =3 Bars
Werte=04= 4 Bars

·
Premium Member
45,664 Posts
Thanks Shawn, this worked like a charm :thumbup:

BTW, is there a way to enable Lane Departure warning at less than 40 MPH?
I'm not sure about that one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.