BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 40 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
And which options do I need for this to work?

navi pro and combox come to mind, anything else?

How does one get the combox anyway? I'm not even sure I've understood what it actually is.
I'm pretty sure that it's only supported with the HU_NBT (new idrive hardware which has a built-in combox), so pro nav in a vehicle made in/after november 2012 (for F3x, F10 has had the NBT a bit earlier I think).

·
Registered
200 Posts
From a BMW press release:

Anyone in the car can connect to the Hotspot and use the LTE connection, and anyone outside can as well since it comes with a built-in battery and antennae for portable use for up to 30 minutes or with a USB power supply connected. BMW notes that the LTE Car Hotspot fits into any BMW center console with a phone base plate so that it can be retrofitted to earlier models. In areas without LTE coverage, the Hotspot will switch to another network.

·
Premium Member
45,614 Posts
From a BMW press release:

Anyone in the car can connect to the Hotspot and use the LTE connection, and anyone outside can as well since it comes with a built-in battery and antennae for portable use for up to 30 minutes or with a USB power supply connected. BMW notes that the LTE Car Hotspot fits into any BMW center console with a phone base plate so that it can be retrofitted to earlier models. In areas without LTE coverage, the Hotspot will switch to another network.
Yes, but this has nothing to do with the Head Unit. This is a standalone Hotspot that is powered by the cradle.

Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car Executive car

·
Registered
31 Posts
after enabling the IPCE_WEBSERVER option in the HU_NBT > 3000, a webserver is reachable in the network you connect to via the wifi at 172.16.222.1.

Text Screenshot Software Technology Font

It appears to be lighttp, which means that the HU_NBT is unix/linux based.

Text Font Screenshot Technology Media

There are two subdirs I could find: /core/ and /trace/. /core has nothing in it, probably used for core dumps after a crash, but /trace/ has detailed logs of every run.

Text Font Line Screenshot Technology

These logs contain quite a lot of information, including all the destinations you programmed, voice commands, music listened to, and lots and lots of diagnostic info. The HU_NBT appears to be a dual core system, indicated by the cpu load info contained in the log.

I'm analyzing the log further and I hope to be able to gain shell access to the underlying OS of the NBT, this would give me the possibility to expand functionality through custom applications etc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you have the NBT yea.

But its disturbing they log all this in the first place. Why would you think its not logged elsewhere along with the fact that its been deleted thru the web interface
it probably is. I found sql DB's with filenames such as trips.sqlite on the filesystem

The system appears to be running QNX (just like the previous edition)

·
Registered
31 Posts
it appears the system supports video input through usb and over TCP/IP (some stuff points to a /dev/cam0 device, as well as stuff to handle network video)

The USB stick is mounted at /mnt/quota/mm/EntServer/USB DISK/

There is a startup script that tries to initialize a USB ethernet adapter...

speech appears to be handled through lua scripting (/opt/speech/data/lua)

maps data is stored in /mnt/data/nav/

(just dumping my findings)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just another thought, there are some wifi DLNA hard drive available in the market now. Could we store movies within the hard drive then stream it on the HU? Theorically should be able to since it is using DLNA protocol.

Anybody tried it & whether does VIM comes into play?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just another thought, there are some wifi DLNA hard drive available in the market now. Could we store movies within the hard drive then stream it on the HU? Theorically should be able to since it is using DLNA protocol.

Anybody tried it & whether does VIM vpcomes into play?
yes this works. I have VIM enabled and this works too.

·
Premium Member
45,614 Posts
yeah when you code the HU_CIC it shows al sorts of messages about this...
you can delete the logfiles through the web interface though ;-)
Can you post the log file or picture of these coding related messages?

·
Registered
181 Posts
it appears the system supports video input through usb and over TCP/IP (some stuff points to a /dev/cam0 device, as well as stuff to handle network video)

The USB stick is mounted at /mnt/quota/mm/EntServer/USB DISK/

There is a startup script that tries to initialize a USB ethernet adapter...

speech appears to be handled through lua scripting (/opt/speech/data/lua)

maps data is stored in /mnt/data/nav/

(just dumping my findings)
In /mnt/data/nav/ do you see any POI data? This may give us a view of how to get our own POI data input into the system, at least in the newer iDrive system.

Sean

·
Registered
31 Posts
In /mnt/data/nav/ do you see any POI data? This may give us a view of how to get our own POI data input into the system, at least in the newer iDrive system.

Sean
I can't browse the filesystem directly, I'm only seeing files being mentioned in the trace logs.

there is however a mention of this:

"db_poiinfo = /mnt/data/nav/comp/POIINFO_ECE/2.1.10/POIINFO.iso"
and
"CPoiSearchDirectSqlAccessor::CPoiSearchDirectSqlAccessor open db /mnt/share/nav/JDSI_DB_GT_v2.gtdb"

21 - 40 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.