BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
81 - 100 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
46,095 Posts
Sorry to be annoying. What does that mean? What do I have to do now?!
Thank you :)
Nothing at this point, unless you want to flash your NBT Head Unit with 51.1 firmware to see if WLAN works or not, and report back your findings.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nothing at this point, unless you want to flash your NBT Head Unit with 51.1 firmware to see if WLAN works or not, and report back your findings.
Obvious question I think you know is coming....... Whats the procedure to flash your NBT Head Unit with 51.1 firmware??? Is it risky using my laptop and E-Sys like I have been???

Huge thanks again.

·
Premium Member
46,095 Posts
Obvious question I think you know is coming....... Whats the procedure to flash your NBT Head Unit with 51.1 firmware??? Is it risky using my laptop and E-Sys like I have been???

Huge thanks again.
There is always risk flashing an ECU that you could brick it.

You need to read this Thread in its entirety, and in particular Post # 99 for flashing procedure:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731185

·
Premium Member
46,095 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts

Hi mate, excuse my ignorance but what does this mean "I haven't seen a car with NBT and 51 yet. So there is a hope, that 51 will fix this issue with Wi-Fi " ?

I am using E-SYS v3.23.4 and PSDZ data 51.1 and have successfully coded blinkers in HUD, video from USB stick, changed grey lines to orange on my black panel display etc.

I can't check the settings you suggest until I get home tonight but I'd be interested what it means!!!!

Thank you again.
Yans.
Hi Yans, I have an October 2013 f10 and while most coding has been successful, I cannot get the WLAN to work either, like you I can see the option but nothing happens when I click on it.

Also you mentioned you got blinkers working on the HUD? I tried the settings recommended on this site but no blinkers nor the blinkers checkbox on the settings-HUD. How did you get your blinkers working on the HUD?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Yans, I have an October 2013 f10 and while most coding has been successful, I cannot get the WLAN to work either, like you I can see the option but nothing happens when I click on it.

Also you mentioned you got blinkers working on the HUD? I tried the settings recommended on this site but no blinkers nor the blinkers checkbox on the settings-HUD. How did you get your blinkers working on the HUD?
It looks lilke I will be leaving the WLAN stuff then as it doesn't seem to operate on our newer firmware and I am not downgrading.

As for the blinkers in the HUD I just enabled the settings as per the instructions. I think there was 3 things to set and then code it. Lovely. Give me a shout if I can be of more assistance :)

81 - 100 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.