·
Premium Member
46,265 Posts
The latest is 51.3.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm glad, I found this thread.
Gave me a headache, why I'm not able to acticate WiFi.
I'm on the very latest P2.52.1 / F010-14-03-502
:cry:

Too bad, that there is never a changelog published regarding the I-Level Updates. :thumbdwn:

The WiFi option is not a "killer feature", but definately a (very) nice have-to.
As both USB ports are occupied, I wanted to use a 1TB "
Intenso Memory 2 Move" HDD, equipped with WiFi, an integrated battery, DLNA server functionality, etc.
So, not only I could access all the stuff on the HDD also with my smartphone, tablet, notebook etc., I could upload new stuff to the car wirelessly without the need to carry the HDD home and back all the time.

I really hope, it's only a bug which will be fixed soon and the BMW developers did not intentionally deactivate this function. (why should they?!)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hello!

If you read out the SVT and switch FDL coding you can see in module NBT in Header/Allgemein/Kommentar some comments from BMW. One is a comment about the WLAN options and that they have changed many things in the last i-steps.

CU Oliver

·
Registered
4 Posts
@DBV
As far as I know, there is no CDMA version of the combox, but only GSM w/SIM-card.
So, it must be AT&T or T-Mobile.

AT&T has better coverage, T-Mobile is also present in several European countries (like Germany) which might make it easier to make a deal, the ToCs of BMW Assist/Connected drive state the following:
"...BMW Assist Services use commercial mobile wireless services purchased from one or more third party providers...", so it's also possible that BMW uses both carriers.

just my two cents

·
Premium Member
46,265 Posts
2.53.3 is the latest.

·
Premium Member
46,265 Posts
In my CIC Head Unit, most certainly not. ;)

Someone with NBT needs to test it.

101 - 120 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.