BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
121 - 140 of 155 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
I too coded WIFI on my 2014 F10. I only have business media. The check box is not selectable. I have not checked what version I am on all I know is that its NBT. I would like to get this going as I do not have apps and the DNLA streaming would be a very cost effective solution to retrofitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
27 Posts
Still no joy

I took delivery of my 2015 550i (Manufacter Date 5/15) last week and since then (with the help of a very kind genius) I was able to code 6NS + all the goodies from the F10 cheat sheet. I thought you guys might be interested to know that of all the available codes on the sheet only 3 coded without any error but didn't function in the car:

1. Vehicle Wi-Fi, I can see the menu in the Control Display but I cannot tick the box.
2. Unlock all doors with engine off (doors remain locked at engine off).
3. Daytime Instrument Cluster Lights In Night Mode (cluster turns orange at night).

Current I-Step F010-15-03-503
PSdZData v.55.4 Lite
E-Sys 3.26.1

If there is anyone who can help me fix above, I would be willing to volunteer to try new and improved codes on my car for others with newer cars.

@ shawnsheridan, I am in Houston as well, if you want a guinea pig for anything, I'd love to meet you!

· Premium Member
47,013 Posts
1) WiFi was killed by BMW shortly after NBT arrived.
2) When you tested it, did you drive the car and allow the door locks to auto lock, and then turn engine off?
3) Do you have 6WA Cluster?

· Registered
27 Posts
Hi Shawn

2) When you tested it, did you drive the car and allow the door locks to auto lock, and then turn engine off?

Yes I did.

I haven't learned how to check what I have yet. If it helps, I ordered all the available options minus 6NS (by mistake, it was standard on my 2012), so I have M Sport S0ZMM, ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant S05AT, Driver Assistance Plus S0ZDB, Dynamic Handling Package S0ZDH, Executive Package S0ZEC.

· Registered
27 Posts
1) WiFi was killed by BMW shortly after NBT arrived.
Shawn, did they kill it in the software or omitted the wireless card altogether to force the user to buy the BMW Wi-Fi module that goes in the cradle in the center armrest. I believe the reason the In-Vehicle Wireless function cannot be ticked because there is no built-in Wi-Fi card in the car. Thoughts?

BTW I know there is a SIM card int he car because I have Internet and can load the weather app!

· Premium Member
47,013 Posts
Yes unlock all four doors with FOB is enabled and working.
I have never seen in not work when CAS => ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR = aktiv, and iDrive is set to Auto Lock.

I forgot to mention I have head-up display (Included in Executive Package) So good guess would be I have 6WA?
Decode your VIN and see if you have 6WA. I think 6WB is now an F10 option, and it won't work with 6WB.

Shawn, did they kill it in the software or omitted the wireless card altogether to force the user to buy the BMW Wi-Fi module that goes in the cradle in the center armrest. I believe the reason the In-Vehicle Wireless function cannot be ticked because there is no built-in Wi-Fi card in the car. Thoughts?

BTW I know there is a SIM card int he car because I have Internet and can load the weather app!
It was killed via newer firmware. 2013 F10's with NBT that initially had WLAN working stopped working after dealer programming.

· Registered
27 Posts
I have never seen in not work when CAS => ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR = aktiv, and iDrive is set to Auto Lock.

Decode your VIN and see if you have 6WA. I think 6WB is now an F10 option, and it won't work with 6WB.

It was killed via newer firmware. 2013 F10's with NBT that initially had WLAN working stopped working after dealer programming.
Well I am a newbie and as such I have to respect your experienced opinion. I will do more research, get my ducks in a row and report back. Right now I am of the opinion that previously the car had a built-in wireless adapter just like a laptop for lack of a better comparison and they've made the decision to sell the laptop without the Wi-Fi adapter in order to sell you the USB Wi-Fi adapter as an option with a dollar sign attached. I believe BMW calls this gizmo "BMW Car Hotspot LTE" and it goes in the armrest compartment for cars optioned with 6NS. Since I enabled 6NS on my own after the fact (no hardware), I do not have the extra passenger mic nor the receptacle in the armrest compartment. I will purchase a USB Wi-Fi dongle tomorrow and plug it in the USB port in the center armrest and see what happens. The contention will probably be the HU_NBT software portion of the car might not have the proper drivers to load it. Hopefully they coded a generic driver. More later.

· Registered
27 Posts

Here we go, I can confirm I have 6WA

1CC,1CD,212,258,2ND,2TB,2VA,2VB,302,316,319,322,323,337,3AG,3DZ,403,423,430,431,456,465,488,494,4CE,4M5,4U1,4U2,4UR,508,524,534,575,5A1,5AG,5AT,5DL,5DS,609,610,645,655,688,697,6AC,6AE,6AK,6AM,6AP,6NS,6WA,710,715,760,775,823,840,845,850,853,876,8KL,8S4,8SM,8TH,8TN,925,9AA

Are we sure the only code needed to enable this on a 2015 F10 is KOMBI>3007>KI_Dimmung, 24>DIM_NACHT_EIN>werte=FF ? Maybe they changed something or added some other entry somewhere else?

· Premium Member
47,013 Posts
Are we sure the only code needed to enable this on a 2015 F10 is KOMBI>3007>KI_Dimmung, 24>DIM_NACHT_EIN>werte=FF ? Maybe they changed something or added some other entry somewhere else?
As far as I know, only DIM_NACHT_EIN is needed, but I have not played with this code in years.

121 - 140 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.