Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that if you order HUD you dont get the green band front windshield. I just prepaid for a Huper Optik Drei tint for my 650i. So just wanted to fnd out if the front windshield has any kind of tint/infra red/UV blocker if the HUD is ordered as an option. Or do I have to tint the upper part of the windshield to cut the glare and heat?

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
I found out that tint (HO) makes your windows look green.

Just FYI. It ends up looking like the home windows with the UV protection. A slight tinge of green.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
chuck92103 said:
I found out that tint (HO) makes your windows look green.

Just FYI. It ends up looking like the home windows with the UV protection. A slight tinge of green.
You must be talking about the OP Sech tint. The OP Sech film has a green/yellowish tint to it. This is what they normally sell 95% of the time.

The Drei (I believe that's 3 in German) is about 25% more expensive and has a greyish/overcast look to it. The reason for the premium is that it is two layer ceramic tint that reduces heat by 70%. Uv and infra red by >98% and the tint is only 35%. Just about the best specs I have seen. I just came back from the tint shop and I am pretty sure about the colors.

·
Banned
1,742 Posts
You should ask a dealer your original question but two major headaches after driving around without sunglasses for 2 days leads me to believe the front windshield doesn't have jack squat on it as far as tint. I've got heads up display.

-N-

·
Registered
215 Posts
Surdy said:
I know that if you order HUD you dont get the green band front windshield. I just prepaid for a Huper Optik Drei tint for my 650i. So just wanted to fnd out if the front windshield has any kind of tint/infra red/UV blocker if the HUD is ordered as an option. Or do I have to tint the upper part of the windshield to cut the glare and heat?
I have HO Ceramic 60% on the front windshield and I have the HUD. No problems experienced.

·
Registered
84 Posts
do u mean the top band??

·
Registered
84 Posts
GaryRudolph said:
I have HO Ceramic 60% on the front windshield and I have the HUD. No problems experienced.
sorry, do you mean the top band on the front windshield???

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nevervana said:
You should ask a dealer your original question but two major headaches after driving around without sunglasses for 2 days leads me to believe the front windshield doesn't have jack squat on it as far as tint. I've got heads up display.

-N-
GaryRudolph said:
Just what I was looking for. A confirmation. Thanks!

·
Registered
215 Posts
coneey said:
sorry, do you mean the top band on the front windshield???
No, the entire windshield.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts