BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 years old BMW 635D C. I have had all the time a prolem with headligts.
There is humidity going in to headlights. BMW have triet to fix this but without any luck. My car do not even pass inspection.

I am just wondering have other 6-series owners have similar humidity problems and how BMW have treated them. I have not a good feeling about BMW´s will to solve this problem. They told me, that they just do not have a good way to solve the problem!

· Registered
3,667 Posts
It could be the seal between the upper turn signal lens and the main unit or the socket where the bulb attaches at the rear may be leaking - loose socket or worn out gasket.

If you are still under warranty I would return to the dealer and make them fix it. I would insist they pull the light and re-seal it or replace it. "It's a common problem and we don't have a solution" is a pathetic excuse for such a simple issue, especially coming from a luxury German car dealer.

Here is a thread with info on sealing the gap between the two front of the lens. If you search there are many threads on the subject.

Also make sure the rear bulb socket is tightly closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.