BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inside… outside… the whole thing is beautiful! I love the odd look of the nose and think the pop-up NAV screen on the dash is the bomb!

Having a very favorable opinion of the traditional BMW style… I am somewhat frustrated that the new bimmer looks so different than the bimmer in my garage, but other than that, I love the new styling!

Am I going to buy one? NO, I do not need or want a small 2-seat car!
Would I pay 40K for one, HELL NO!
Would I like to borrow one for a week? HECK YA!

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: I admit it, I love the Z4!

scottn2retro said:

Even the factory wheels? :tsk: :D :angel:
I think so, I don't recall the exact styling of those wheels, but I love the way the car looks as pictured in adds and such.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
The Z4 wheel options . . .

From a ChrisTO thread. Unfortunately, the wheels with the bolts shown in early press photos are not one of the choices:

Attachments

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
CD-55 said:
Inside… outside… the whole thing is beautiful! I love the odd look of the nose and think the pop-up NAV screen on the dash is the bomb!

Having a very favorable opinion of the traditional BMW style… I am somewhat frustrated that the new bimmer looks so different than the bimmer in my garage, but other than that, I love the new styling!

Am I going to buy one? NO, I do not need or want a small 2-seat car!
Would I pay 40K for one, HELL NO!
Would I like to borrow one for a week? HECK YA!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
Where are those fantastic looking massive 5-spoke 3-piece wheels? The others are downright ugly comparatively.

I also like the edgy looks of the Z4.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
JPinTO said:
Where are those fantastic looking massive 5-spoke 3-piece wheels? The others are downright ugly comparatively.
When Randy Forbes was at HC 2002, he had a chance to photo one that had those wheels and the wheels had small cracks around the bolts. Don't know if that has anything to do with them not being offered in production :dunno: If I got a Z4 I would take a pic of those wheels and find the closest looking after markets. :)

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
scottn2retro said:

When Randy Forbes was at HC 2002, he had a chance to photo one that had those wheels and the wheels had small cracks around the bolts. Don't know if that has anything to do with them not being offered in production :dunno: If I got a Z4 I would take a pic of those wheels and find the closest looking after markets. :)
There aren't many aftermarket wheels that look THAT good! Perhaps the SSR GT3's look almost as good.

So BMW just has to solve their quality problems.... I hope they bring them out. I'd upgrade my M68's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts