BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was jacking up my car and forgot that the alarm was on.

less than 0.5" off the ground and the tilt sensor triggered the alarm.

quite impressed just for the "try jacking my wheels *****" feature.

20,210 Posts
Ackster said:
Clem - Have you gotten the motion sensor to go off? I just picked up my car and I have tried everything to get it to go off . . . opened the windows, armed the car, stuck my hands inside and waved them around. I have also shaken the car to see if it went off and nothing. :tsk:
You have to wait a good 60 seconds after it's armed for the motion sensor to engage. Try arming it and waiting a minute or so, then stick your hand in. It should go off.

·
Wishes he had an XBoX
212 Posts
Clem said:

quite impressed just for the "try jacking my wheels *****" feature.
coulda sworn i read this a minute ago somewhere else..hmmm;)

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Ackster said:
Clem - Have you gotten the motion sensor to go off? I just picked up my car and I have tried everything to get it to go off . . . opened the windows, armed the car, stuck my hands inside and waved them around. I have also shaken the car to see if it went off and nothing. :tsk:
I've set it off a bunch. Once in the garage I had the windows down and flipped a CD through the window into the car WHOOP! Next at a club event, car locked and windows down a leaf fluttered into the window WOOP!

I think you need to have the dealer look at the alarm if you can stick your arm in and it not go off..

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Clem said:

I did the very same thing yesturday... Alarm went off in only 2 pumps of the jack. It takes my jack 6 pumps to free the wheels from the ground so I'd say that's good resolution!

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
You know what else is cool? The alarm goes off when I'm buffing out the wax with a random orbital polisher...One of the sensors must also act as a vibration sensor. I have my suspicions on the interior motion sensor...That thing is SENSITIVE! It must be sensing the vibs in the window glass.

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
I just tested the motion sensor as atyclb described (all windows down) and it worked!! :thumb: I guess I was screwing around before the alarm actually was set. Pretty cool! :p Thanks atyclb!!

Now that I got the car, I'm will probably asking a few stupid questions, so I appeciate the help (even with over 200 posts I guess I am still technically a newbie) ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.