BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Have reached Munich and will pick up my bimmer tomorrow AM. Will someone tell me what is the 12 hour rule...:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
... you have twelve hours from the time of delivery to post pictures of your new baby to the forum... otherwise... (I'll let the other forum members fill in the gap here :) )

Jason
(a 12-hour-rule compliant poster... hopefully it'll bring some good luck and expedite the redelivery of my car!)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks...will post it ASAP

Thanks all......You wont need to fill in the gaps coz I will post it for sure......just waiting....only 10 hours to go now.....:p

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts
Congrats Piyu :) look forward to your post!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1st Pic

Here you go.........more later as the computer I got in Hotel is not friendly at all....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Here you go.........more later as the computer I got in Hotel is not friendly at all....
Perhaps we need to add a sticky or wiki to tutor us in how to use those usuer unfriendly computer keyboards!:)

(Maybe someone could duplicate on paper the keyboard arrangement and then we could print it off on a pdf file and enlarge it to actual keyboard size. Then we could practice ahead of time on our paper keyboards or better yet cut out the errant keys and paste those on our actual keyboards. If it works for paper trading maybe it would work for paper keyboarding.)

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
This is a decent example:

http://carbon.cudenver.edu/~tphillip/GermanKeyboardLayout.html

As far as the letters go, basically the Y and the Z are transposed. The rest of the alphabet (American at least) is the same.
Wow that is a great tutorial. Could have saved me an hour of internet time trying to figure out how to use the German keyboard. A copy of this should be added to the sticky about things to bring with you on your ED.:thumbup:

·
Go Dawgs!
1,072 Posts
Perhaps we need to add a sticky or wiki to tutor us in how to use those usuer unfriendly computer keyboards!:)
MY first time ED is on July 22nd, and I'm fully intent on complying with the 12-hour rule. I've noticed that lots of posters have said they didn't have the correct cable to connect to the computers at the Welt. What methods are available? Do they have memory card slots (if so, what types - SD, Memory Stick, etc.), USB for flash drives, or what?

Those of you that have recently complied - what was available?

Side note to this: my spousal unit is going to be sitting there the entire time with her arms crossed and her eyes rolling into the back of her head. :tsk: She doesn't get the whole BMW thing, and has expressed about zero interest in the factory tour (she sure loves her $9,000 diamond/platinum ring upgrade she got last month, but can't analogize to my happiness with the car. :dunno:

The point being, in order to comply with the 12-hour rule, I'll need to have a sure-fire, bulletproof plan to git 'er done quick and painless, else the SU will drag me out of there before I get a chance to upload!

Any details are welcome!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but we plan to take our laptop with us (even to the pickup) because our laptop has the correct card slot for the camera. I have cables as well, although I've never hooked the camera up to the PC with the cable - only used the card slot. As far as the SU goes, (speaking as a female here), I would romance the heck out of her - starting *now*. Women absolutely hate being second to inanimate objects like cars or boats (John, my darling husband, are you reading this?!!?). The ED will be easy for us because it is *my* car and I am as interested in this whole process as he is. If it were an ED for a ski boat...well...but there will always be give and take, so I go to boat shows because I'd rather be kind of bored and with him than be without him. (Crass sentiment, but that's what you get after almost 29 years.) I think if you start focusing on *her* now and make the trip about *both of you* (not the three of you, i.e., you, her & the car), she might be more amenable to the process. I guess you could always try naming the car after her - it seems to work with boats!:D

·
Not a Bimmer driver anymo
1,732 Posts
My wife wasn't onboard with the ED or BMW at first... but I made sure to involve her in the route planning, and that helped a lot. She really just wanted to be included.

And then when we decided to wear our wedding attire to the Welt, she ended up loving the whole day since it became more about her than the car ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts