Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now all I have to do is get the car, but I think I have that all figured out now.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nate328Ci said:
"The car"?

A Buick?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: LOL :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I have not yet closed the deal, but I will send you a hint in you PM.

·
Here since day one
7,180 Posts
CD-55 said:

What's with the secrets ? You gonna have to tell us sooner or later . . .

T

·
0 Posts
Ironically, I am officially NOT in.

Wait list.

Far enough down that they returned my check.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
TD said:
Ironically, I am officially NOT in.

Wait list.

Far enough down that they returned my check.
Damn...I know how much you were looking forward to it. Going to any more autocrosses? I was little late in sending email for the one Sept 21...haven't heard back yet.

T

·
0 Posts
nate328Ci said:
I find it distressing that it's hard to get track time even if you're willing to pay $350 for two days. I want to get back out there. I just *assumed* I'd get a slot.

Ah well.. Nothing I can do about it now.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:

I find it distressing that it's hard to get track time even if you're willing to pay $350 for two days. I want to get back out there. I just *assumed* I'd get a slot.

That really blows :thumbdwn:

I assume that there are other organizations that hold DE's. Indepenednet car clubs, PCA, etc that you could go to. Or maybe even drive to a track further away if you are eager....

I am planning on sending my registration in tomorrow. $195 is a good deal :thumbup: Also, got an e-mail from the SCCA today, auto-x prices are $15 this weekend. I think I will go to Test N' Tune and the competition :thumbup:

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
nate328Ci said:
I assume that there are other organizations that hold DE's. Indepenednet car clubs, PCA, etc that you could go to. Or maybe even drive to a track further away if you are eager....
There's a number of tracks within an easy day's drive and there are plenty of clubs and events. NCC is just so crowded with some 4,000 members.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts

There's a number of tracks within an easy day's drive and there are plenty of clubs and events. NCC is just so crowded with some 4,000 members.
Then what's the problem? Go with another group if the BMWCCA can't take you :dunno:

There will be plenty of BMWs at other events....

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nate328Ci said:

Then what's the problem? Go with another group if the BMWCCA can't take you :dunno:

There will be plenty of BMWs at other events....
Yep, I think for about $5 per year we can get associate memberships in other BMWCCA clubs who use the same track. A few people do that just to make sure they get in more track days.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TD said:

I know!!!

You know why, it is becuase you already have 2-days. People with 0-days and 1-day are both ahead of you.

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
CD-55 said:

Don't keep the rest of us in suspense...

So, TD, does that mean you're going to swing by Curry's? I'm hoping to find some instant gratification stuff there that I can spend some money on, though I don't know exactly what yet.

BTW, how are those Konis treating you?

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
CD-55 said:

Yep, I think for about $5 per year we can get associate memberships in other BMWCCA clubs who use the same track. A few people do that just to make sure they get in more track days.
I think that it's $7 actually :D

I know that some NCC people are going to Watkins Glen soon, but thats kind of far. VIR isn't too far away and Richmond isn't either. And then there's a track or two in PA too :D

btw, just heard from Roy...#120 for sept 21.

·
10,856 Posts

I think that it's $7 actually :D

I know that some NCC people are going to Watkins Glen soon, but thats kind of far. VIR isn't too far away and Richmond isn't either. And then there's a track or two in PA too :D

btw, just heard from Roy...#120 for sept 21.
They're allowing signup for that already?

T

·
0 Posts
JST said:

Don't keep the rest of us in suspense...

So, TD, does that mean you're going to swing by Curry's? I'm hoping to find some instant gratification stuff there that I can spend some money on, though I don't know exactly what yet.

BTW, how are those Konis treating you?
I looked over the Curry's post and thought the same thing myself. Basically, what small dollar item can I pick up. Last year I though that would be the UUC clutch arm bushings, but they are still not installed as that looks like a job for someone better than me.

But, yeah, I'll probably head over if I don't come off the waitlist (and I know I won't).

So far so good on the Konis. There do not ride any stiffer than stock, but (combined with the RSMs) the whole rear feels much tighter.

As you know, I was going to have the front Konis installed when I had my pre-track tech inspection done. Well, the front Konis are backordered at TireRack and there no track day to have a tech inspection for, so I might try them myself later this fall.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

They're allowing signup for that already?
It starts 30 days before the event.

If you want me to get pics of you, try to get first half of heat 2.

·
10,856 Posts

It starts 30 days before the event.

If you want me to get pics of you, try to get first half of heat 2.
:banghead: Forgot about that. For some reason I was under the impression that they would say something on the website. :rolleyes:

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

:banghead: Forgot about that. For some reason I was under the impression that they would say something on the website. :rolleyes:
send roy an email, I'll bet that there's still room (and check your pm if you havent already)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts