Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys . . . I sold the Eclipse Convertible and the guy picked it up about 1/2 hour ago :cry:

It was a fun car but it was time to say goodbye. The good thing is I made out decently on the sale. The car cost me basically $1200 to have for 4 months and almost 2000 miles.

Most of that cost was the sales tax I had to pay when I bought it.

Now what's a guy to do . . .

I have barely been using the bimmer so I'll get to enjoy it again and time will tell.

Though I will miss having a stick shift so the Bimmer might be next . . . :lmao:

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nate328Ci said:
Why did you sell it?
I sold it basically because I had my fun with it but I was getting to the point of being done. It's kind of like, a 'been there, done that' My desire to drive it became less & less. Maybe it's because winter is coming or something :dunno: Plus it was a 4 1/2 yr old car and I don't feel comfortable owning such an old car.
I like warranties . . . it makes it easier psychologically.

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DougDogs said:

or more important...what's next:dunno: :D
What's next is this . . . I'm hanging out for at least a month and then I'll decide if I should get either:

1) Used 2001/2002 Eclipse GT Convertible

or forget the whole 2 cars thing and trade in the 330Ci for a:

2) 330i with a 5 speed this time

3) A4 3.0 Quattro with a 6 speed

4) A G35 Coupe - just check out below how tempting this machine is

Just so you know, my mind set right now is to get either the A4 or the G35C because I think if I get a brand new car, I don't want the 'almost' same car I have now. I am getting kinda tired of knowing SOOOOO much about the E46 . . . I am thinking it's time to move on . . .

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nate328Ci said:

A TT? sure
I test drove a TT a couple of weeks ago and it was great except for the notchy shifter and the fact that there is no sunroof in the coupe and I don't want the Convertible because it has no backseat. Though one cool thing about the TT is you have the ability to turn off the passengers side airbag so you can put a child in the front seat (though I don't know how comfortable I'd feel doing this).

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
Alan F said:

Just so you know, my mind set right now is to get either the A4 or the G35C because I think if I get a brand new car, I don't want the 'almost' same car I have now. I am getting kinda tired of knowing SOOOOO much about the E46 . . . I am thinking it's time to move on . . .

I agree... we're both in the same boat. Why buy another E46 when it's going to be 99% the same as what you already have? Just stick with the E46 or get something different.

That's G35Coupe is a great looking car in black!

·
Banned
9,903 Posts
Whoah, Nate, you track'd your cab? I haven't even tried, because multiple people have told me that no one allows cabs on tracks due to the lack of cage (or cage-like construct like a roof). Pictures look great, although seems you could use some beefier sways ;)

Anyway, anyone know the deal on this track thing and cabs? I'd love to do some time with an instructor somewhere here in N. CA.

Dave

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Alan F said:

I test drove a TT a couple of weeks ago and it was great except for the notchy shifter and the fact that there is no sunroof in the coupe and I don't want the Convertible because it has no backseat. Though one cool thing about the TT is you have the ability to turn off the passengers side airbag so you can put a child in the front seat (though I don't know how comfortable I'd feel doing this).
Wait, are you talking about the Audi TT or the Supra TT (Twin Turbo)?

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
dwallersv said:
Whoah, Nate, you track'd your cab? I haven't even tried, because multiple people have told me that no one allows cabs on tracks due to the lack of cage (or cage-like construct like a roof). Pictures look great, although seems you could use some beefier sways ;)

Anyway, anyone know the deal on this track thing and cabs? I'd love to do some time with an instructor somewhere here in N. CA.

Dave
Actually, started out in this

The clutch went out and this was the only track ready car. The 328Ci had no pads left. The cabrio isn't mine...

But, this club allows cabs without roll bars or factory pop-up bars in the lower run groups. An E46 cabrio would, then, be allowed in any group....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts