BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I AM SO UPSET.

Any / all help with the following would be greatly appreciated.

Just got my car back from the dealer and noticed the damage to the rubber backing of the driver's door interior door grab in the photo attached.

With how OCD I am, I am so upset, as I'm going to make contact with this damage every time I get into my car now.

Anyone know what parts would fix same? I hope the wood need not be replaced, as same would be cost prohibitive. I asked my dealer's parts department, but they were having difficulty and said they'd need to get back to me.

And for those wondering if the dealer is going to cover same, I chickened out and left without complaining to my service advisor. :(

PISSED.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,060 Posts
The good news is that that part is NOT part of the wood (the wood overlay pops off that area). The BAD news is that that rubber part is part of the entire door (Fused to the doorpanel) and cannot be ordered as a separate piece. It's about $1500 for the whole doorpanel.

Another option would be to get some kind of vinyl film and cover it up.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I would definitely bring it to your service advisors attention. I once had my dealer close a power tool in my soft close doors. This caused a huge dent and messed up the door trim. My dealer stood by me and fixed it. Maybe they can fill the chunked out area, sand it, and airbrush it.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The good news is that that part is NOT part of the wood (the wood overlay pops off that area). The BAD news is that that rubber part is part of the entire door (Fused to the doorpanel) and cannot be ordered as a separate piece. It's about $1500 for the whole doorpanel.

Another option would be to get some kind of vinyl film and cover it up.
I'm so sick and disgusted! :(

CRY.

Thank you, aom.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I would definitely bring it to your service advisors attention. I once had my dealer close a power tool in my soft close doors. This caused a huge dent and messed up the door trim. My dealer stood by me and fixed it. Maybe they can fill the chunked out area, sand it, and airbrush it.
I fretted over it while at the dealer, but I was so down.

The f'n car was there to repair other damage they previously did too.

I am VERY particular and have argued for them to fix damage they've caused MANY times before.

Felt there was no f'n way they'd own up to this; not too easily visible.

A friend I called when leaving told me to turn around, but I didn't.

He said it'd make me feel better to at least tell them even if denied.

What the hell is wrong with dealers and their staff.

Whoever did this must've known that it occurred.

Thank you as well, wjjklj.

·
Registered
57 Posts

I am VERY particular and have argued for them to fix damage they've caused MANY times before.

I'd be all over the dealer about this. I always check my car after service, prior to leaving. Definitely give them a ring, and tell them about it. They can't improve (if they're trying to) without notice.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'd be all over the dealer about this. I always check my car after service, prior to leaving. Definitely give them a ring, and tell them about it. They can't improve (if they're trying to) without notice.
Yes, let myself down; somehow resigned myself to the decision to walk. :/

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Anyone know of any junk yards that would have F01/02's near me, Nassau County, Long Island?

The part is fused to the door card? No way to separate without damage?

Going to a shop that wraps cars tomorrow to see what they propose.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I would go back to the dealer I did service a week ago and they broke my cupholder and I notice when I was pulling out and turned back and showed them and they replaced it without hesitation.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts

Thank you as well, wjjklj.
My Lexus was damaged in service. I bet this happens a lot with all dealers cuz some of the staff are just careless.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Update: After running around like a mad man - another dealer, body shops, detailing shops, junk yards, eBay, etc. - I called my service advisor. He asked for a photo and stated he will see if his leather guy can repair. He stated no one wears rings and no tools were around my car, and that he didn't see anything. I said I'm disappointed that my car is always being damaged while in their hands, but that I'll pay for the repair, that I just want it fixed! :/

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh yeah go back to the dealer 100%, ive had them hit my car and scratch my rims multiple times. make sure you always do a look around before you take the car home. They have to fix it regardless

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you.

Yes, always inspect my car up and down upon drop off and pick up.

Combination of many factors that led me to leave.

So hard to feel comfortable. :|

·
whughes
2,027 Posts
you guys have some BAD dealers. My dealer does all kinds of things for me. Just today the got a car on the alignment rack like mine put it under compression and measured for room for my track tires! In the past I have taken my car to them complaining that over 100mph my turbos were cutting out. ( how did they test drive that one!!)

·
Registered
214 Posts
go back and ask them why they aren't more careful or just tell them that you noticed it when you got home. How long ago was it at the dealer?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Leather repair guy can definitely repair that. Discount tire scraped an inch long on my steering wheel. I told the Discount Tire manager, and he was not "aware" of anyone wearing a tool (give me break), but he owned up to it. I got it fixed at the dealer. The repair is OK and not up to standards of an OCD person, but I unfortunately things happen and was out of my control.

The next time you'll go to the dealers, and look at your lower front end. There might be approach scrapes under the car that you are not aware of. :rofl: Check before an after so the dealer does not get blame for something they may not have done.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts