Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 02 745i about a month ago now I went to pass a slow driver and it started stauling and wanted to die if I let off gas well I got it home and started running codes nothing so I thought ok weird and next day I took off and my engine malfunction alarm came on and car had no power it shook and sputtered so I turned back and got my truck and went to auto zone I ordered 8 coils 8 top of the line plugs the next day I picked it up and replaced my old coils and plugs the car started and I test drove it at first it was fine but as I speed up I let off gas to go around corner then hit gas again and it started lunging and it had a small miss like if I was at 2000 rpm it would go up in rpm about 200 then fall back to 2000 so a small miss so I then looked into my cold air intake I ordered a new box and top and filter and mass flow and elbow from mad to throttle body still with this it runs the same but it is getting worse can anyonegive me any clue as to why it is doing this also if I hit gas and let off quick at idol car details and almost dies and there is a air sucking sound also

·
Registered
229 Posts
Air sucking sound could be vacuum loose? Oil dip stick not fully sit in?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I was looking at vacuum lines and the 3 way splitters that branch to ccvvs and intake were crumbled and broke I'm getting them now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts