Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
JPinTO said:
I think buddy is ranting just a bit much without thinking about the reasons why.

The mini was built in an era without trivial concerns like occupant safety. That kind of car couldn't be produced in the last 2 decades and certainly not in the year 2002. And airbags might add complexity but I think when it's in the interests of safety, it's welcome by everyone. Other than that it was a good rant!
What people who rant incessantly about this stuff rarely acknowledge is that if the buying public wants the froo-froo stuff, they'll buy it, and the manufactures are happy to sell it. If they don't, the stuff will disappear. Remember digital dashboards in the 80s, or talking warnings (like 'Door Ajar!')? People didn't want em. They went away.

Its not a matter of changing the cars. Its an issue of changing people's attitudes about what is proper behavior in a car on the road, and frankly, I think its the fault of us Americans that a lot of these extraneous things make it into cars. Cupholders don't come standard in euro BMWs. Why? People there don't want em. People here do.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
JPinTO said:
Maybe BMW will offer pokemon rear parcel shelf thingies from the factory.
Hmm, now that's a good business opportunity. I'll contact BMW to talk about the details. I'm planning to produce stuffed Chris Bangle thingies :D We can hang them on the rear view mirror :bigpimp:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Alex Baumann said:

Hmm, now that's a good business opportunity. I'll contact BMW to talk about the details. I'm planning to produce stuffed Chris Bangle thingies :D We can hang them on the rear view mirror :bigpimp:
Call them PokeAbangle? :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts