BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
Bimmee - It could be that the door lock actuator in the door is not working correctly. My car had a problem similiar to yours that when I pushed the lock/unlock button on my remote, the door sometimes wouldn't lock or unlock. It would work at least 75% of the time so I lived with it this way for a long time but one day when I was in for service I had them fix it.

It wasn't a big deal and now I lock/unlock works all the time.

Also, a very remote possiblity is: from what I understand(so I might be wrong), if you lock the car with the interior lock button, there is no way you could open the door from the outside . . . maybe for some strange reason when you locked your door, the software thought the interior door lock button was pressed :dunno:

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
The little black peg on my lock would sometimes go up also (when it wasn't working) it just wouldn't go up enough for the door to be unlocked.

Anyway, has it happened again since ? ?

If not, it could be just a freak incident that happened. Cars are strange, in the 2 yrs I've had mine, the stereo was dead twice until I turned the car off & on again, then it worked fine.

Also, unless the dealer can duplicate it, they most likely won't try to fix it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.