Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It REALLY improves throttle response quite a bit. I'm still tryign to decide whether I can adjust to the noise, though. Basically, the car now has the same rumble as all the aftermarket systems.

Bah. BMW doesn't seem to have any desire to give any good choices these days.
 

·
•••••••
Joined
·
16,118 Posts
Funny, I noticed a much smaller difference with this mod. Just a tiny bit more rumble in a narrow RPM band, and no difference in throttle feel.

Maybe it has a different effect on 325s vs. 330s.

:dunno:
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plaz said:
Funny, I noticed a much smaller difference with this mod. Just a tiny bit more rumble in a narrow RPM band, and no difference in throttle feel.

Maybe it has a different effect on 325s vs. 330s.

:dunno:
I've wondered many times if BMW revamped the valve for 2002... I've noted that most people who like this seem to have 2001s. :p
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nate328Ci said:
I don't have any valve, so I have no opinion on the matter :dunno:
:flipoff:
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nate328Ci said:


:tsk:

Been drinking or something? Why so hostile? :(
Nah, I don't drink. :) This is friendly. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,211 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:


I've wondered many times if BMW revamped the valve for 2002... I've noted that most people who like this seem to have 2001s. :p
I don't have this valve on my 2002 4-door. you are talking about the venturi type valve on one of the exhaust tubes, right???

if so, I don't have one:(
 

·
In Mod Heaven
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
I disconnected mine while hanging out with Webguy330i and 325xiSteelGrey in Rochester. It was a good chance to hear the difference since both me and 325xi have the same car (330Ci). Hers is a 2001 and mine is a 2002. There was a noticable difference in the sound between a disconnected vacuum tube and one that is connected. Her car was louder and had a rumble to it. It sounds nice but when I disconeccted mine and drove home, I really didn't notice too much of a difference. Since I mostly drive with my music going, I can't hear anything outside of my car; so I decided to reconnect it.

I might disconnect it again to see if there's any difference in throttle response now that I have the sticky pedal fix.
 

·
************************* ***
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
DougDogs said:


I don't have this valve on my 2002 4-door. you are talking about the venturi type valve on one of the exhaust tubes, right???

if so, I don't have one:(
A long while ago, one of the threads on this subject had a photo. Maybe you can find on a search.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,211 Posts
johnlew said:


A long while ago, one of the threads on this subject had a photo. Maybe you can find on a search.
I remember the photo. As soon as I saw the photo, I went to my garage, and found no valve on my car...Maybe mine is missing:dunno: or it's location is different on 2002 model year sedan:dunno:
 

·
•••••••
Joined
·
16,118 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
I diconnected mine and I noticed my exhaust got a little louder but didn't really feel that much difference in the throttle response. Maybe I will try it again.

My car on the other hand might have an extra loud exhaust. When warm my exhaust is loud enough to set off car alarms in garages !!!!!!
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ben Chou said:
I diconnected mine and I noticed my exhaust got a little louder but didn't really feel that much difference in the throttle response. Maybe I will try it again.

My car on the other hand might have an extra loud exhaust. When warm my exhaust is loud enough to set off car alarms in garages !!!!!!
That's seriously disturbing... OTOH, my key set off an alarm when I unlocked my car once. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:


That's seriously disturbing... OTOH, my key set off an alarm when I unlocked my car once. :p
Yeah, it is a little odd. After driving my car fairly hard, the exhaust gets louder than it regularly is.

Have you decided to get the S-03s yet?
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ben Chou said:


Yeah, it is a little odd. After driving my car fairly hard, the exhaust gets louder than it regularly is.

Have you decided to get the S-03s yet?
Still thinking about the tires... I'll have to take you up on your offer sometime. :) I'd like to ride in an E46 on something other than perfect VA pavement.

I am beginning to really like the car without the valve active... Rev hang is dramatically improved. :)
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top