BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
---------
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this may be a little exaggerated because I am not yet thinking of canceling my ED but I am a little confused whether I made the right decision.

I ordered E90 330i and I really like this car: the specs are awesome, I like the gadgets, options, the line is really nice and the front very appealing. I even like the interior! :)

But what the heck is with the rear? Ever since I saw it at the dealer I thought that the rear looks worse than E46 and makes the car look very narrow from the back. A compact car all the way. I know I shouldn't despair over it because there are so many benefits of E90 at this point... so, I am just hoping to hear some of your comments to make me feel better about my purchase. What do you think?

Is it possible that next year BMW changes the design of the rear and leaves me with this funny looking butt while all other cars will have sweet line all around? :dunno:

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
What color exterior did you order?

Look at it this way....the only people seeing your rear will be those you just smoked.
:drive:

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
Greg220 said:
.....But what the heck is with the rear? Ever since I saw it at the dealer I thought that the rear looks worse than E46 and makes the car look very narrow from the back. A compact car all the way. I know I shouldn't despair over it because there are so many benefits of E90 at this point... so, I am just hoping to hear some of your comments to make me feel better about my purchase. What do you think?.......:
Greg, I don't have the slightest clue as to what you are talking :confused:

However.... (and I am sure you already know this) You aren't gonna find an "unbiased" position in the E90 forum :p

Good luck to ya whatever you choose to do.

cheers,

beewang :bigpimp:

·
---------
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MARCUS545 said:
What color exterior did you order?

Look at it this way....the only people seeing your rear will be those you just smoked.
:drive:
:) It's titanium silver with black interior.

·
---------
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
beewang said:
Greg, I don't have the slightest clue as to what you are talking :confused:
Sorry, this must be my English as second language :D

I meant that if you look at the car from the back (you know, where the license plate is ;) ), it doesn't look so good. I had the impression it's very narrow. Even though this car is wider than my current Pontiac Grand Am :angel: the rear of E90 looks much smaller for some reason.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Silver is the best color if you don't like the tail lights. The white portion (reverse lights section) blends in with the silver and gives the lights a more E46 look. It looks great in the pic and better in person!

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
MARCUS545 said:
Silver is the best color if you don't like the tail lights. The white portion (reverse lights section) blends in with the silver and gives the lights a more E46 look. It looks great in the pic and better in person!
Wow, I never noticed that....

·
Registered
801 Posts
Greg220 said:
Ok, this may be a little exaggerated because I am not yet thinking of canceling my ED but I am a little confused whether I made the right decision.

I ordered E90 330i and I really like this car: the specs are awesome, I like the gadgets, options, the line is really nice and the front very appealing. I even like the interior! :)

But what the heck is with the rear? Ever since I saw it at the dealer I thought that the rear looks worse than E46 and makes the car look very narrow from the back. A compact car all the way. I know I shouldn't despair over it because there are so many benefits of E90 at this point... so, I am just hoping to hear some of your comments to make me feel better about my purchase. What do you think?

Is it possible that next year BMW changes the design of the rear and leaves me with this funny looking butt while all other cars will have sweet line all around? :dunno:
I spent an hour with a E90 this past sunday. The rear is horrible looking.

If I was up to me I would wait to see what the coupe has to offer.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Greg220 said:

Nothing in this world is perfect. Don't let something so small and the possibilty of the unknown keep you from getting something that you "really like" and find "awesome". I mean, if we applied that logic to computers NO ONE would be using Windows. (I saw that you are from Redmond so I just couldn't resist ;) ) Go and enjoy! :thumbup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
If it bothers you enough to post, then don't get it. Why get something you don't like. I didn't like the initial pics, back last August, but once I saw the car in person, I think the rear is just fine. :dunno:

There is probably a big an aftermarket a$$ kit market out there. :rofl:

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I think you should go through with it. You got the best color combo and the rear isn't bad at all... I'd hit it :thumbup:

·
Gadget Freak
657 Posts
they wont change it next year... not that soon.

I mean I also agree the rear end looks pretty bad, but thats something I can live with...since everything else about the car is awsome.

If they change it, which is likley it will be in another 3-4yrs

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Greg220 said:

Yeah, you're right......

.......what you're saying is just a tad bit EXAGGERATED.

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
Greg220 said:
I don't get it. At all. Why would you care what the car looks like? You drive it from the inside. I'm not advocating dents and dirt - that's different - but the physical design determining if you like a car. I plain don't understand that. Guess we buy cars for different reasons.
:dunno:

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
blueguydotcom said:
I don't get it. At all. Why would you care what the car looks like? You drive it from the inside. I'm not advocating dents and dirt - that's different - but the physical design determining if you like a car. I plain don't understand that. Guess we buy cars for different reasons.
:dunno:
You're saying that the way a car looks has no bearing on your decision to buy it? YOu must be in the extreme minority (less than .1% of the population).

·
---------
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all for your comments! I feel much better with my decision and it's good to know that so many people actually don't find the rear bad looking.

Beewang, you are so much fun :thumbup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had the opposite reaction to seeing the E90 in person. I thought the pictures didn't do it justice and was very pleased with my decision to order an E90 after seeing it in person.

However, if you're having such doubts at this point, you'll probably be kicking yourself for a while afterwards. But, you know you better than we do... :dunno:

Also, I don't think you'd have to worry about people pointing & laughing about the rear of your car.... :confused:

Good luck..

·
M3 Hooligan
192 Posts
Anyone who's read my posts will think I'm beating a dead horse but when you buy a car this expensive you shouldn't say, "I'm going to buy this car in spite of the way it looks." No way, you should be like, "BAMM, Now that's a great looking car!!"

I don't get that from any of the E90s.

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
robg said:
You're saying that the way a car looks has no bearing on your decision to buy it? YOu must be in the extreme minority (less than .1% of the population).
guess so. I've owned a protege, a stanza, a jetta 1.8t and not a one was physically attractive to me. I didn't buy them because of how they looked. What difference would the appearance make...it's how it drives (and within budget) that matters.

My 330i is decent looking but really the original e46 before the facelift is 10 times better looking, IMHO. :dunno:

We sit inside the cars. How they look outside doesn't matter.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts