BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I wanted to share my experience today. I test drove a 06 330i in dark grey with black leather interior. It was a automatic 6 speed step tronic, loaded with cold weather and Premium package. It also had sport 18 inch rims. Very nice.

I like the way you start it with the push button. Pretty cool. The sterringwheel almost looks like a sport as it is a 3 spoke. The new rpm hits 7000 which I wasn't ready for when I punched it.

The new step tronic transmisson is nice. I perfer a manual but if you have a wife that doesn't like a manual then this is the next best thing.

It still handles extremely well. I like the new ride as it's a bit softer then what I'm used 2.

The new engine is nice and performs well. I tried all kinds of tests with cornering and straight aways. I'm impressed.

The only real thing I don't like is the new dash and cup holder positions. They are more on the passengers side. They come out of the dash. Anything is better then the last years cup holder position as the 2nd cup holder is useless with the arm rest down. Sucks but thats how it was. Back to the dash, it's kinda ugly. I like the sleek look of the older models. This new line across the dash I'm not sure if I like it. I'm gonna go back and drive it again and see.....

I would like a new car but I'm almost feeling like a left over 05 will be a better upgrade. I currently own a 2000 328i premium cold weather black with tan interior 5 speed.

O I forgot the Headlights are now standard. Zeon are included now. Kinda cool but adds to the price. about 300 bucks more for a 06 then a 05 with Zeons equiped the same way.

You gotta drive it. People are buying it without driving it. They had over 20 sold with no test drives. I wouldn't do that. BMW or not I gotta feel it first.

Dan

·
Registered
86 Posts
hey...

RE. the dash..

i got a chance to see my car yesterday here in toronto at the dealer...i wasnt allowed to drive it yet cause it was still all wrapped up and they didnt have the licencing paperwork for me...bla bla bla...anyways...my car has the Idrive and it make the dash look WAY better...

my car was 1 of 14 sitting on the dealers lot and a bunch didnt have the idrive and you're right...i didnt like the dash...but the ones with it looked GREAT!..

·
Registered
402 Posts
Why would you buy a car without Xenons anyways? (Zeon :rolleyes: :p )

Agreed on that line on the dash, it's the only major deterrent for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts