BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

I Feel Your Pain in the North

1347 Views 14 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Shotgun Man
I have been trapped in a new england state for the past two weeks working on a job. I will withhold the states name to avoid hurting anyones feelings.

Cold crap weather. No sky to see. Just some shade of grey everyday. Roads. Roads what roads? All the lane markings are gone. No way to tell how many lanes there are. Filthy roads from the snow and salt. Holes, holes and trenches. I couldn't even think of driving the coupe ever on these roads. Never.

Man, the coupe would require a trailer to get anywhere. I am driving a big SUV and cringe when I drive in and out of the trenches on the roads. :flush:

I can't wait to go home.

Those that live here must never sleep when spring comes. No where is it more beautiful in the spring and fall. After the april rain washes the filth away you must turn the car on and never turn it off!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
That's too bad. My father lives in CT and has been stuck at home.
I remind him about the sunny conditions in SA and to move down here.
bob lindquist said:
I have been trapped in a new england state for the past two weeks working on a job. I will withhold the states name to avoid hurting anyones feelings.

Cold crap weather. No sky to see. Just some shade of grey everyday. Roads. Roads what roads? All the lane markings are gone. No way to tell how many lanes there are. Filthy roads from the snow and salt. Holes, holes and trenches. I couldn't even think of driving the coupe ever on these roads. Never.

Man, the coupe would require a trailer to get anywhere. I am driving a big SUV and cringe when I drive in and out of the trenches on the roads. :flush:

I can't wait to go home.

Those that live here must never sleep when spring comes. No where is it more beautiful in the spring and fall. After the april rain washes the filth away you must turn the car on and never turn it off!
Sounds familiar. It's why many of us own SUVs; something to negotiate the holes and trenches that would swallow the roadster whole, or at least make a mess of Randy's fine work in installing the Rogue diff cover. :)

bob lindquist said:

I can't wait to go home.

Yes, something like that. And the itch gets so strong that we start taking the car out as soon as the snow is gone, even though it means washing it every day. I've had mine out 5 times this week, and it's been washed just as many. Twice I've paid the price... BAM, reminder that I've now got solid monoball upper bearings and need to see even the small potholes that I can't see around the corenr at night. I need some of those follow-the-steering-angle headlights. :)

The next big itch... click, click, click reloading the wunderground.org site waiting for the forecast to tell me it's time to take the hardtop off because it's not going below 20F anymore. :)
Bob , the only good thing about winter in New England, is that we have plenty of time to overhaul/mod the cars . It also gives us time to stash more mod money away.The winters are so-long though , I'm running out of things to do.
On the up side, there is nothing like bommin up and down the twisty mountain roads of Northwest Ct. Can't wait to get back out there!! :)
You have to be made of hearty stock to live up here Bob, some of us actually enjoy the trench-ridden roads, long winter nights and the delayed gratification that comes with our glorious spring-summer-fall.

Ed
bob lindquist said:

I can't wait to go home.

it freaking snowed here in Texas this morning, they say the first time it's ever been recorded on Easter for the area :eek: :thumbdwn:

I thought I was finally going to get my garage floor coated this weekend, but I held off due to the expected cold weather :mad:
LOL! Yes, ask Al; I'm concerned about Estoril Blue M Rdstrs running lots of boost with their stock differential brkts. How about sending me an Email?
[email protected]
vromano said:
... It also gives us time to stash more mod money away.The winters are so-long though , I'm running out of things to do.
Hearty stock is right.....I'm a n00bie here on the forums, and a canadian. Waiting for spring is an endless.

Had my Z out on the weekend but there just isn't any place to go that isn't covered in salt or snow.
EdCT said:
You have to be made of hearty stock to live up here Bob, some of us actually enjoy the trench-ridden roads, long winter nights and the delayed gratification that comes with our glorious spring-summer-fall.

Ed

Attachments

CT Winter Is for the birds!

I just returned from Greer S/C Four Days of great roads clean payment flowers blooming and golf in full swing.I know I will never totaly leave Ct.But The cost of living the **** roads,The ahole people come on!The meanest people in the world are in the Trii-State region!Just drive on the highway,Five miles and you will be cut off,Then they will flip the bird or follow you of the exit for hand to hand combat! The roads suck!
WOW!! :yikes: :yikes: Sounds like a Yankee go home thing. Did they have the Stars & Bars showin??? I know no one in BOOSton would do those ignorant things...
Next time just start wistlin-- "I wish I was in Dixie........""
ARC///M said:
I just returned from Greer S/C Four Days of great roads clean payment flowers blooming and golf in full swing.I know I will never totaly leave Ct.But The cost of living the **** roads,The ahole people come on!The meanest people in the world are in the Trii-State region!Just drive on the highway,Five miles and you will be cut off,Then they will flip the bird or follow you of the exit for hand to hand combat! The roads suck!
Thats what I mean!

I lived in Boston area Wakfield for five years went to Wentworth and off Campus working for New England Trane And New England Engineering I met some off the worst people in the world,Tight,un trusting,cut throat,****t we are hated by most areas of the country they hope you and I stay here and freeze! :mad:
I was born in NE and lived there on an off most my life. Every time I tried to get away, I would come back for some stupid reason. I finally left there last summer with my wife, this time for good. I left a crappy job, a bizarre overpriced housing market, and winter misery (I think I might have that S.A.D. thing where you need sun to feel good).

To me the worst thing is the long winters which are devoid of any color. If you fly into Boston and drive around, you may actually think you are going colorblind. Everything is gray and cold and wet.

And then, once the driving season kicks in, the cops are on every corner to make sure you aren't having too much fun.

The only thing good about it is the history and the buildings. But then, IMHO you shouldn't be asking for that in America anyway. I can live a modern lifestyle and have the real thing by visiting Europe any time I want!
Good point

I feel very depressed in poor weather.And the economic condition of the east is poor,Do to cold war technology being phased out,Do not get me wrong there a few fine people in New England but as a whole they are untrusting group that would cut you up and sell you for a profit if it was legal!
Ne

Wow, I thought all that stuff was a joke. Untrusting must be inherited like in Salem, and we all know what happened there. Don't trust your neighbor? Burn 'em alive!
Cut their heads off and put them on a horse. Timothy Leary is dead! Ben & Jerry's
still there?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.